Fly Tying
flytire

free to a good home

Flytire, if it's still up for grabs then I would like it for a young fellow that I am trying to teach how to tie flies

you must be on "speed response" smile.png :)

pm me your snail mail address and ill get it in tomorrows mail

ha ha Flytire It's been a weird day when everything went wrong and nothing seemed to work. My timing was just lucky I guess and now the fellow will have something better to use than a worn out sunrise vise. Thanks...

Kudos to both of you! I'm betting you guys have just improved someone's chances of become a fine flytyer. I started on a Sunrise vice and it probably would have discouraged me to the point of quitting had I used it another week. Fortunately it broke and got replaced by something better. Netabrookie, your protege should appreciate the Thompson. A solid beginner's vise!

I'm 61 years old and my fly tying days are gonna come to an end. If there's a young tyer out there who can benefit from my mass quantity of tying materials then I don't mind making a donation. I can't give it all away for free but when I can I will.

It would also be nice of other tyers who have way more materials than they will ever be able to use to consider donating to younger tyers.

I am 66 and I sure can understand the feelings about passing on 'stuff'. I would like to find a local young man to pass some stuff onto and even some knowledge. I hesitate to use the word 'skills'......I even contacted a local school that houses young men on a campus of sorts thinking that maybe one or more of the lads would be interested in learning fly casting and/or tying and they would not even return a phone call.

Three words: Project Healing Waters.

I have a young friend looking to get into tying, I share my limited supplies with him, I would gladly pay shipping on donations to him. He has a few simple tools, mostly whatever I could spare

PlZ Just dont go nuts neither one of us are well off :)

Three words: Project Healing Waters.

Four words - never returned my email

Sorry to hear that. They were very good about acknowledging my donations.

How about three other words: Casting for Recovery.