Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FattyMatt

SBS for pole dancer or other topwater "dog-walker"

Topic says it all. I came across Bisharat's Pole Dancer and the movement is exactly like the Zara Spook Jr that kills smallies in PA.

I couldn't find any links online for a SBS. Any one have one?

I'd imagine the most difficult part is shaping the head. I have boxes full of foam so help a brother out!

Thanks,

Matt

I think that Fly-craft in Missouri has kits to make your own. It's not the Pole Dancer, they call it something else, but same type fly. They have a short video that shows the fly in use. Have not seen an SBS for it.

Tutorial by Curtis Fry

I've viewed this video. The pole dancer is so much more aggressive in its side to side motion. The pole dancer fly is SOOO expensive, IMO it's cost prohibitive to buy ($33 for the striper sized 5/0). But Id love to learn how to tie it!

Fatty

I see why you want that fly. It is bada$$. I'm sure Kirk could duplicate it. Have you tried the Curtis Fry one? I'd like to fish one myself.

I think that Fly-craft in Missouri has kits to make your own. It's not the Pole Dancer, they call it something else, but same type fly. They have a short video that shows the fly in use. Have not seen an SBS for it.

I bought the kit from feather craft. They call it the DC Dodger. It has a good walking action. The kit includes detailed instructions with color photos. They recommend synthetic materials for the tail section. I use synthetic yak hair, crystal flash, and polar chenille. The tail is tied as a tube fly, then inserted into the back of the popper head. The kit comes with 2 metal discs to fish the tube fly separate as a streamer.