Fly Tying

I mean no offense but I suspect most anything would work in that fish bowl you fish at. Get out on some open water someplace and see what happens, that's not much of a test there.. On the other hand with all that grass around and being Aug. I bet terrestrials abound at that location.

Thanks, the pattern has worked well for us over the years; mostly in the local community lakes and ponds in our area. Tend to fish larger waters like our local lake using kayaks.

Here are some archived posts from our archived blog and our current blog where we use the pattern for reference.

Shifting from fishing for stocker trout to warm water fishing. Quick trip to a local pond resulted in a few Bass and Bluegill this evening! Today's Pictures.

They went for a White Grasshopper in size 16. Used no chenille this time; instead decided to over wrap the tying thread with a mylar strip and see what happened. Looks like it works for the fish in our area.

Once the temps warm up again, will give it another try!

Shifting from fishing for stocker trout to warm water fishing. Quick trip to a local pond resulted in a few Bass and Bluegill this evening! Today's Pictures.

They went for a White Grasshopper in size 16. Used no chenille this time; instead decided to over wrap the tying thread with a mylar strip and see what happened. Looks like it works for the fish in our area.

PM me a mail address and I will trade you a copy of any fly that I have posted on FTF for any fly you have posted. Hope you don't choose the Sonic styles. #i.hate.stage.tying!

PM me a mail address and I will trade you a copy of any fly that I have posted on FTF for any fly you have posted. Hope you don't choose the Sonic styles. #i.hate.stage.tying!

Thanks Flat Rock Native; will take a look.

More action with the Foam Grasshopper this evening. Little bit slower compared to the other day with the wind and drop in temp but did catch a fish or two! Today's Post.

More action with the Foam Grasshopper this evening. Little bit slower compared to the other day with the wind and drop in temp but did catch a fish or two! Today's Post.

Here is a demo on the variant of the Foam Grasshopper used yesterday. No chenille is used. Demo.

Here is a demo on the variant of the Foam Grasshopper used yesterday. No chenille is used. Demo.

Downsized to a Size 14; caught more fish yesterday on a White Foam Grasshopper. Pics.