Fly Tying

Short on time today but made it out for a quick trip to fish a local pond. Brought the Five Weight Fly Rod and used a Lefty Deceiver. Had a nice one take the fishing fly but lost it when the knot broke. Need to pay better attention to knots! Kept fishing and had one take; was briefly on the hook before it came off. Kept at it, and finally caught one this round. Not a Bruiser but still counts.

Very nice -- loved the footage of the first two takes, especially the first one. Sometimes those "stolen moments" short trips make for some of the most memorable fishing. Now you've got me thinking I need to tie some Clousers. :)

Thanks Bryon and mikechell!

Hope to get more later today with a Foam Damsel Fly. Saw a number of Bass feeding on them as they were hovering over the water.

What program are you using to narrate this video? I've been thinking of ways to upgrade mine, and narration might be the way to go.

You need to clean your lens.

That big Sunfish ... looks like a Redbreast, but it's so dark. Very pretty fish.

I use Audacity to record and convert the file to MP3, and then I add file to the video clip using GoPro Studio.

Will clean the lens, and see if recording in HD helps.

There are bigger ones in the pond, and have caught Shellcracker from them. Suspect the fish have "mixed it up" several times over since it was last stocked (think it's been over 10 years).

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. I bought the GoPro used, so I didn't know there WAS a GoPro Studio ... I'll have to chec on that.

Give it a shot mikechell... went out again this evening. Had some rain earlier in the day.... Things started of with a missed hook set, and then no hits for a while. Then, lucked into a little Bluegill, and a couple of Bass. All went for a Foam Damsel Fly!

Today's Video.

PS: I cleaned the lens but it's a scratch on the housing. Gonna have to find another housing lens or something.

Now it's my turn to help. Go to the GoPro site ... you can buy replacement lenses for the housing. But this video is much clearer.

Thanks... I did, I have the Hero. They are out of stock for replacement kits as well as new housings. May need to try eBay.

Found a pattern this round... noticed small dragonfly looking bugs hovering over the water's surface. Not sure what they were, but they looked to be about a Size 12 and were reddish/brown. Found a Size 12 Dry Fly that had a little color to it in the fly box. Tied it on the line, and started hooking up with Bluegill and a couple of little Bass! Today's Video.

Slow go this round. Fished the local pond this evening; managed to catch three Bluegill. First one went for a COAF Guadalupana, next one wanted a Foam Grasshopper, and the last one took a Balsa Popper Fly. Did have several missed strikes from Bass and Bluegill. Not sure why so many missed strikes... guess that's what happens when you miss a week of fishing. Today's Pictures. May need to go back to jug line fishing this weekend. Craving another Beer Batter Fish Fry.