Fly Tying
ryveradair

hobbies

Any of you guys do anything other than fly tying/fishing that's outdoor related? I tie, fish (both fly and conventional), make tackle, trying to get a couple molds to make lead weights and plastic worms.

Hunt. Work on the farm, bushhogging, etc. Run 4x per week. Play on the lake with the wife and kids. Forage from the woods. Anything outside is generally fun.

For me it's fishing spring, summer and part of fall. Then come hunting season that last until spring starts again. Throw in fly tying at night to all of that.

I fish, hunt, want to get into skeet shooting soon. I spend a lot of my time outdoors hunting or fishing, sadly most of my time is spent at school! Why couldn't we go to school in the summer and have hunting season off!!!!!

Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,
I go to the lava-try.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump,

I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing,
And hang around in bars.

I chop down trees, I wear high heels,
Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie
Just like my dear papa.

Read more: Monty Python - Lumberjack Song Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Actually, I am NOT a lumberjack, and I DON'T wear women's clothing ... usually. Most of my outdoor life revolves around fishing.

I don't hunt, not because I don't want to, I just don't have anywhere to store meat.

I don't camp anymore, Wife is more important and I don't need to go anywhere that far away.

I do some photography, but it's been on hold for a few years due to monetary restraints.

I've got a ton of hobbies and responsibilities, but few of them take me outdoors.

I have a lot of hobbies. Fishing, boating and tying. Dove and duck hunting along with camping(RV and tent) I do a little trapping on the side as well.

The camper lets me stay out in the woods longer, momma and the kid are comfortable so I get to stay longer...lol.

Deer hunt, camping more this year finally, making furled leaders,and wrenching on an old VW.

Spend time with wife and kids, Golf, disc golf, fish, bird hunt, repeat.

I woulda never guessed you were a disk golfer! LOL!!! ;)

Come September 1st I will be Dove Hunting! That is my favorite hunting!!!!

Nice shark's teeth !!! Where are you collecting those? I've found some on the beaches of Florida, but nothing that size. I remember living in Charleston, South Carolina in the late 70s early 80s. They dug a new drainage ditch along the back line of the sub-division we were living in. It was FULL of shark's teeth, and there were some large ones, but again, nothing that size.

So, where are you collecting those ... if you don't mind saying. If it's going to give up an unknown ground, I understand.

backpacking which is #2 passion (sometimes combined with fishing), native American crafts (featherwork, beading). Wife and I kayak and camp, and though usually I fish on these trips, not always.

Hiking and visiting the gym (one day I'll call it working out, but for now I mostly "visit" the gym - motivational issues ...).

Writing.

Handloading, shooting, hunting (not nearly as much as I used to, not nearly as much as I want to), fishing, Kayak fishing, I make noises come out of guitars.... I love my bicycles -both mountain and road-- but don't ride nearly as much as I used to or as much as I want to, working on my bikes making sure they are mechanically superb .... scuba diving/skin diving/spearfishing... at least in my head I still am ready to do those, used to be you couldn't keep me out of the water... pretty much everything I do involves a lot of numbers and precision--- I don't do the guitar thing very well, but I fool some of the people some of the time. and of course WORK... take care of a house and wife and kid... and WORK.... and try to stay in some kind of decent physical condition... did I mention if I didn't have to WORK I'd have very full and fulfilling days? every day?

Gravy, are you scuba diving for those Megalodon teeth? I used to know some guys who did... basically fossil hunting by braille because it's zero-visibility, but they had some impressive finds.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.