Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Casting For Recovery Fly Boxes

I'm in if spot is open. I posted yesterday but apparently it didn't take.

Just to clarify a few things, you've given guidelines for two flies of each category which comes to 10. Am I missing something or should we just pick a couple of the categories to tie an extra in? Also, my hook supply in some categories is in bad need of updating so I ended tying a bugger on a 4 and a 10. Makes a nice size differential of very usable flies. Will this work okay? Hook sizes from various companies have varied a ridiculous amount of late so it's hard to keep everyone's the same anyway by just going by #.

The sizes you're using are larger than most of us have been in the habit of tying so it actually makes it easier to get a decent looking fly for the guys.

Any combination of the suggested patterns and sizes is fine. The five patterns are those requested by CFR. In the past some tyers have done three each of four patterns. These women are all first time fly fishers so the larger sizes make it easier for them to learn to see the fly.

Silly question B,

Is it best if we provide flies to fit all categories?

FWIW....this is what I tied. No charge for pink ! Thought the gals would appreciate the color. Hope I did it correctly. 6 wets and 6 dry flies. Sorry ...don't have any beads.

2- #6 Olive Woolly Buggers

2- #8 Gold Ribbed Hares Ear

2- #10 Rio Grande King Trude

2- #8 Marabou Wing Royal Coachman wets

2- #10 Orange ants (pink post)

2- #10 Gulper Special (pink post)

005_zpse0fe6b51.jpg

Silly question B,

Is it best if we provide flies to fit all categories?

If possible, but since this is a donation, I let you decide what you want to tie. By the way, Dave, your mail box is full. If you need my address you will have to clean it out a little.

By the way, Dave, your mail box is full. If you need my address you will have to clean it out a little.

Done :)