Fly Tying
pnptrapp

Hello from Illinois!

Hello. I first posted in the beginner's sections since I hadn't scrolled down far enough to find this one! So I guess I should introduce myself. I've always been fascinated with flies. I've always been more of a "caster" than a "fisher". At least that's what my family told me.

This year for Father's Day my husband asked for a fly rod, which he received. He tried talking me into using it for a couple weeks, but I kept insisting I was only interested in tying flies for him. Finally he challenged me and now I'm hooked on both tying and fishing! It probably helped that I caught the tiny fish in my profile picture on one of the very first flies I had tied.

We live in Illinois and are both learning how to fish the lakes, ponds, streams and rivers near our house. Can't wait to learn as much as I can from everyone on this forum!

Welcome to the site, the addiction and the insanity that is the fly fishing world. Your questions in the Beginner's section have already shown that your thinking along the right directions for watching your money disappear into this hobby. All you need now, to go completely broke, is a boat.

Good luck in your fly tying and fishing. There are some truly great Step-By-Step (SBSs) on this site, as well as a very large "fly tying bench database" with a link near the top of the page.

Lets start seeing more pictures of flies and fish! You can start by posting the actual picture of your avatar. I can't see the fish at all.

Welcome to the Forum. I am relatively new to the Forum, but, not to fly fishing and fly tying.............

I will be happy to answer any questions you have or be glad to share with you what I know..............

If I can't answer your questions, there are lots of folks here who can also.

Thanks for joining.

Welcome to the mob! If you haven't done so, I suggest you jot down some of the things you're curious about, and then browse through the older threads in these forums... you may find lots of answers already provided. If not, just ask. I guarantee you'll get dozens of answers (not necessarily all in agreement).

And get your husband to join the forum too if he isn't here already.