Fly Tying
breambuster

"My Trout Box Needs Help" Swap

Well, Guys, Netabrookie's flies arrived today and, as usual, they are VERY nice. You're going to enjoy fishing with these, for sure. And yes, Netabrookie, there were 2 little foam pieces with extras on them. A WHOLE LOT of extras which I am DEFINITELY appreciate!

Thanks

BB

I've got a few more Yellow Palmers to tie. I'll likely do those tonight and get mine in the mail tomorrow.

Jim

5 fish yesterday and 2 more today, but they didn't involve a fly rod or even artificials, really. Surf fishing in the Gulf with something called "Fishbites." But I'm finally getting to fish again. This is our "Summer Vacation." I will try to give a report on whose flies have arrived this weekend.`

BB````````````

Yellow Palmer, size #16

Hook: Mustad 94833 (dry fly, up-eye, fine)

Thread: Yellow, 8/0

Tail: Golden Pheasant tippet

Body: Yellow dubbing

Hackle: Grizzly, brown

Fairly standard construction. Tie in both brown and grizzly hackle at rear (shiny side up). Palmer brown widely spaced and tie off in front; then palmer grizzly hackle in between the brown wraps.

All ready to send. Got address?

Jimboha!

After a great & much needed vacation, we returned home today after 10 hours on the road with the briefest possible stops, and found Jimboha's Yellow Palmers in the mail. This is a VERY neat tie and a great looking pattern. Thanks, Jim. Much appreciated.

Psychoprince, I'll let you know when yours arrive.

Take care

BB

Not much to report, Guys. I've updated the original post to indicate the flies that I have received. I'm still waiting on Psychoprince's flies and expected to get them today, but they aren't here yet. As soon as I get them, I'll do my best to get them divided up and back into the mail. But I will be gone tomorrow & Friday on a business trip so it will be Saturday at the earliest before I can get them out & our Post Office is only open until Noon on Saturday. (Small town) But my wife will be here and I'll get her to be on the look out for that one last set. If it comes in, I will still be able to acknowledge it here. But for now, that's where we are.

Take care

BB

I am out of town on a business trip but my wife tells me a set of flies arrived today from a person whose name begins with a "Z" (in case he wants to protect his identity.) Psychoprince, I assume that is you. I will do my best to get them into the mail on Saturday morning. Otherwise it will be Monday.

BB

I've got some good news, guys. I was able to get home from my trip early and the flies that came while I was gone were from Psychoprince. They have been divided up and I put them in the mail this afternoon. You should be getting your set by the middle of next week. I REALLY do appreciate all the extras that you guys sent. I have enough to fill up my fly box and I most definitely appreciate your help with that. Thanks

Take care

BB