Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
steelhead1975

Fishing Trip - Quebec

I plan to try an unguided trip in Gaspe for salmon in Quebec, but only for a whole day. I'm bringing my girlfriend, and I think she'll get bored of fishing if it's more than a day. Anyone have any advice?

We plan on doing this on the way to Nova Scotia, so if anyone has any NS fly fishing info that would be great, preferably for something we don't have in Ontario (such as stripers, mackeral, shad, chain pickeral, etc.).

Thanks in advance to any do-gooders!

Thanks for the article! It was most informative, as well as packed with stunning pictures. I'll be counting down the days...and trying to convince the Mrs. of extending the stay in Gaspe!

Hey Steelhead1975,

I'm actually from Nova Scotia and starting to plan a trip to the Gaspe with my Fiancee we are going to tour the Gaspe and Quebec City for our Honeymoon. I have 3 river guides from Saumon Quebec the one for the Gaspe is excellent!!

http://www.saumonquebec.com/NASApp/sqc/act...splayHome?lg=en

Also when learning about fishing opportunities in Nova Scotia no other resource is more detailed than a book by Don Maclean.

http://www.novascotiafishing.com/guide/books/

We are going to basically get a map, search for points of interest and plan our route through the Gaspe and around up into Quebec City and go from there. There are a few other members that have given me advice and names of outfitters in the Gaspe region and I'm sure you'll get some feedback from them here for sure.

Good luck on planning your trip and don't under estimate the female angler, you never know you she might really enjoy herself. I know mine never really fished or tied flies ever and now she's getting really good at tying and I even had her flyfishing for Atlantic Salmon on the Margaree this summer a few times.

Good luck and tight lines,

Damian

Sign in to follow this