Fly Tying
shayes11

Greetings from Northern Idaho

Hello,

My name is Steven and I recently moved to Post Falls, Idaho from San Diego. I grew up along the Eastern Sierras but unfortunately was more into bass fishing than catching them on the fly. Been fly fishing for a few years now and have been at least 3 times a week since I moved up here.

Last week I went to a shop and bought 12 flies for $36. I decided it's time to start tying. Build a desk with scrap wood I had laying around the house and hope to tie a wooly bugger or two this weekend.

Looks like a great place to learn here, very excited.

Welcome, shayes11, from a former Idaho resident, now retired and living in Colorado. This forum is full of excellent support and other advise as you gain your fly tying experience. Happy to see you here.

Welcome to FTF!

This place is BIG on encouragement and small/nonexistent on ridicule.

So much info on the internet with great tutorials. Non video tutorials at Charlie's Fly Box are great. Herman deGala has a wonderful site and his photography is amazing for 360* views. Hans Weilenmann has another site that is for great examples.

I am also in Colorado, like PondStalker. He has a great blog. (link is in his signature)

Welcome to the forum. I saw your thread on the desk and it looks good. That pheasant hanging on the wall also looks good...lol

Thank you. Yup, I've got my fair share of bird mounts and predator pelts hanging around the place. I appreciate the kind words.