Fly Tying
shayes11

Beginner's Homemade Desk

Looks great! although I hope you didn't get into this hobby to save money - is it possible? sure. Likely? nah.. fun as hell? absolutely!

Flies are looking pretty good to for just getting started - I'm sure they'll all produce.

Thanks everyone. A lot of time was put into the desk for sure. And I'd like to save money, but in all honesty I needed a hobby for the long winters up here. Come spring I should have an arsenal tied.

Wow!Nice work!

Just a little heads up. Tying flies is a great hobby and there is nothing more rewarding than catching a fish on a fly you made. However tying flies probably isn't going to save you any cash, on second thought at $3 a fly you might save a few bucks.

I've said it before ... If you only tie the flies you want to fish, and you only tie enough to make a couple of fishing trips at a time ... you can save money by tying your own flies. I save money by tying my own flies.

It's only when you start trying to tie every different kind of fly you see do you start throwing money into it.

Nice looking desk and easy on the pocket book as well since it was pallet wood. I've made lots of stuff out of pallet wood. No shame in it at all in my book!!!