Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Nice rod - GreenCaddis Ruby River Fiberglass Fly Rod

I have been watching with interest all the posts here about poor service from GCO. Maybe you could tell us what steps you are taking to improve customer service instead of introducing more product lines. That would go a long way to improving customer confidence here on FTF (your primary customer base). Seeing these ads actually makes me upset. It seems as though you are not interested in us as individuals or customers. It appears you only want our money. It appears that you are ignoring your customers pleas for help and nothing is posted here to to say that their complaints have been settled satisfactorily. If you can't even handle someone's order for a fly box or some hooks, what makes you think we would buy a fly rod?

I am grateful for this website and appreciate all the members I have met here. I sincerely hope you can get it together and deliver your product in a professional manner. Until then, I will not be spending any money with you. I respectfully invite you to respond publicly to this issue to end the speculation and distrust that GCO has engendered. Thanks

what he said.

This and the other forums you own/run are becoming increasingly untrustworthy in terms of the overall running and representation/activities of you, the owner

Take classicflytying for an example - you basically held those guys (of which i'm a member, and former regular contributor) to ransom, "buy subscriptions/sponsorships or i'm closing it down". Some good folks couldnt see the wood for the trees, subscribed, or even became sponsors, were promised subscritption packages, many of which never even materailized. FWIW i didnt subscribe.

There is a common consensus on this forum, rodbuilding forum and to a lesser extent, classic fly tying, that the whole operation is a sham!

it seems, the title above your avatar is starting to ring true.

Prove it otherwise, please.

And no response from GCO ...again.

I am a relative newcomer to this forum and even I see the numerous posts complaining about GCO customer service, and not receiving merchandise that was ordered.

I was in retailing my entire career, and this is not how a legitimate company operates.

spm

I am just now seeing this. Sorry for the delay, but I feel I need to respond.

First off I need to make clear, although I am a Admin here and have been sine the start of the site for 10 yrs now, I do need to make clear that my business Midwest Custom Fly Rods is in no way associated with Green Caddis Outfitters. I do not mean that in a negative way towards GCO or Will, but after 10 yrs in business and building a great reputation for myself, I need to make sure everyone knows my work here as an Admin and my Business are two very different things. Customer service to me at Midwest Custom Fly Rods is #1 priority, just ask any of my customers. So I just want to make that clear.

As to GCO and Will. I can not speak on his behalf at all. I will just say.....I have known Will for 10 yrs, he's always been a great guy, and I just hope he is able to get his business back in good graces and take care of his customers in a manor they should be taken care of. All I will say on the matter.

I just seen this and want to reply. First, I don't know if anyone that has commented on this topic actually placed an order with me and if so please contact me. It is true I don't have time to get here on FTF much anymore. It is just a sacrifice I have had to make and one that I don't like because I love this place. So, if there is a topic that gets posted here there is a good chance I won't see it because when I do get on there is so many topics to wade through. This topic for instance is automated and I did not personally log in to post it. As far as much customer service is concerned it is well document that last summer(a year ago) I did have some issues due to some unforeseen circumstances that kept me from handling things properly. I have apologized for those issues a thousand times yet I still feel that I am being persecuted for that(and maybe rightfully so). Since that time I believe I rebuilt myself to the best of my ability and I am now shipping out more times per week than I ever have and customers are getting their products quicker than ever and 99.999% of those customers are extremely happy with both my products and service. As a man who has a full-time job that is requiring me to work more and more hours, a father, etc, etc, etc do I have at times have a customer that falls through the cracks on me? Absolutely. I am inundated with spam emails and for some reason my email service treats some legitimate customer emails as spam. Not all of the time but it does occasionally happen. I try to take weekends off to spend with my son. Sometimes when I get back to work on a Monday I don't see where a customer has emailed me about something being wrong with their order. I make mistakes. I do everything from top to bottom with GCO by myself. Not an excuse but it is the truth. I do feel I offer very good products at a decent price. Will I ever be able to offer the service from some of these big retailers that have entire staff dedicated to customer service? Probably not but I strive every day to do the best I can.

First off I need to make clear, although I am a Admin here and have been sine the start of the site for 10 yrs now, I do need to make clear that my business Midwest Custom Fly Rods is in no way associated with Green Caddis Outfitters. I do not mean that in a negative way towards GCO or Will, but after 10 yrs in business and building a great reputation for myself, I need to make sure everyone knows my work here as an Admin and my Business are two very different things. Customer service to me at Midwest Custom Fly Rods is #1 priority, just ask any of my customers. So I just want to make that clear.

Never thought otherwise, steeldrifter. Nor do I think anyone who knows you and has done business with you would think so.

spm