Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ckpj99

Casting Over the Lily Pads

Here's a shot a made at a pond I fished at over the weekend. The lily pads were crazy, but in the few places I could cast over them, I was able to pull in three panfish on poppers.

This tree was just too cool not to shoot.

post-53683-0-78815300-1408677554_thumb.jpg

Great shot! Very artistic framing... tree is off-center but that one long finger pointing to the left draws the viewer back to the center. Just like Winslow Homer or James Wyeth. Nice job.

Also I'm assuming you took that with film and not digital. If so, then the framing is even more super. It's easy to crop a digital image till it looks good.

Shot with my iPhone. I'm only geared up for black and white film. I toned the image with Lightroom. It looks good on a screen, but blown up a bit, it's very noisy. I like the iPhone, but I hate when I come across something like this and don't have a real camera, lol. Thanks for all the comments.

And Chase Creek, you crack me up, you mean you think it will snag all your line and the only life it will support is vultures and water snakes.