Fly Tying
noahflyfisher

Hello from California

Hi! I am Noah, I'm fourteen, and I started fly tying about a year ago. I live in Sacramento, California and my "home" river is the American river, eight miles from my house. I love to tie my own flies but I normally end up with one fly of a bunch of different patterns because of my ADHD. The biggest fish I've ever caught was a four pound rainbow from the lower Sacramento in Redding. Large fish are fun, but I like high mountain streams and wild trout. I think (remember I'm new) the most trout I caught on a fly in one stream was three. That particular stream was prune creek in Wyoming on a recent road trip across the united states. I was stripping a size twelve olive wooly bugger they were cutthroats. I rarely take pictures of my trout because its never convenient, I don't like to brag. I am very curious about new patterns or styles. I am VERY glad to have stumbled upon this site. Tight lines.

-Noah

Hey Noah! I'm Bronc, I'm also 14, and from east Georgia! Good to see another kid my age on here!

Welcome to the site. A fisherman who doesn't brag ??? ALL fishermen brag, especially about the ones they ALMOST caught. You, young Jedi, have much to learn !!!

Okay, joking aside. It's always good to see new talent. You might not take pictures of your catches, but you'll have to start taking pictures of your flies.

I get out to French Camp/Stockton once a year for my job. I fish the Delta and places south of you. I must say, I have caught many fish. Good luck to you and we're waiting for a little more Bragging !!!

Welcome Noah - it's good to see younger folks such as yourself joining us here. I wish I had started fly fishing and tying at your age. Ditto what Mikechell said about your flies -- we'd love to see them! You've found yourself a very knowledgeable, generous and all-around nice bunch of people to share ideas with here.

Brag away Noah! Catching fish should always be celebrated. I also find taking fish pictures inconvenient and some times irresponsible in hot weather. Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to find knowledge.

-Will