Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

A.K. Best Book

Henrik, PM me your mailing address, and I'll get it off to you; you can reimburse me through Paypal. (Hell, if I can't trust a fellow Scandinavian, who CAN I trust?) Dave, you're first runner-up in case Henrik is sent off to prison or something similar. (it's always a possibility with this crew)

I agree with Bob - it's a great book, though it's of limited use to me. I don't really like production tying, and most of what's in there, I've already figured out for myself over the past 50 years. I'm happy to pass it along to someone who can use it. BTW - my copy is inscribed - doesn't make it valuable, but it's always nice.

Although I do not plan on the jail thing, but who knows, have been out fishing with capt. Bob, and he is a suspect person with that face mask hiding his true identity. ;-)

Btw. Recorded this video on the trip, my colleague catching a great one...

http://youtu.be/1H9mn8Nzrls

Dave, I'll remember you, if I choose to part with the book someday. :-)

I don't know anything about the book but that's an enjoyable video. Something about Capt Bob yelling reel like hell, greener than snot, she's gonna jump, so stay calm that just cracked me up!

Although I do not plan on the jail thing, but who knows, have been out fishing with capt. Bob, and he is a suspect person with that face mask hiding his true identity. ;-)

Henrik - the reason for Bob's mask is to prevent anyone from recognizing him as a member of this forum. Many of us go about in disguise to avoid unwanted attention from mental health agencies. I've done the same for years, although I can't seem to fool anyone.

post-281-0-71551800-1410527247_thumb.jpg

Peterjay...I would have recognized you anywhere. I thought you were going to post a pic of your disguise.

Me... if I'd realized I was being taped.... maybe, just maybe I'd have been a bit quieter. This sort of stuff is why I try to avoid television cameras as well.

At any rate, thanks Henrik -you did capture fishing tarpon up inside small rivers quite well! Here's another short clip from a few years ago, back when Shallow Water Angler was still in production... Enjoy.

Believe it or not... my angler that day was Mike Connor. He was the flyfishing editor for Florida Sportsman for quite a few years (and for many years he was one of the premier fly guides out of Flamingo). That day their shooting schedule required them to use plug tackle with suspending lures. He agreed with me that every fish he jumped on a lure would have been a solidly hooked fish on a fly... but that's the way it goes sometimes. That day was actually 9 December and I never knew the fish would be in that early until we stumbled onto them...

Well Bob I happen to live in the real world and I did not even hear the language until it was mentioned above. Great video.