Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pop-n-bug

tying desk

Just picked up this roll top desk. Been looking for one for a while. Got it for a good price. I think it will work alot better than the old dinette table I have used the past few years.post-46614-0-43569900-1412463067_thumb.jpg

Yeah, Mikechell, won't be long before you can't tell what it is. Bet at least I can pull the top down and everything will be hid. Glad it has a lock on it. Will keep a curious 14 year old son out of things.

Really nice. And it's great that you got a photo of it while it's still nice and neat. :<{ D

FlaFly,

Took the picture about 10 mins after I got it in. Heavy as a mutha! Had to make sure it gonna be in one place for a long, long time.

Yeah, Rolf, I am pretty stoked right now. It is something that I have wanted since I started tying. Been a pretty long wait but it was worth the wait.

I've been wanting one myself for awhile, my brother builds furniture so I think we might get together and build something neat. Awesome set up

1Hook,

A custom build would be the ultimate. That way you can get the setup you want. I know a very good woodworker but the problem is I can't afford his work. I lucked up and found this desk. The people who had it are moving and downsizing. It was a good deal for both of us.

Ty flyer,

I think it is red oak. Very close match to all of the cabinets in my house. I know that rascal is heavy.

Edited by pop-n-bug

Would you recognize cherry? Red oak is really really hard on tools and not often used for that reason. Does it have a label somewhere? It would be taped or stapled underneath somewhere, or under a drawer.

Not cherry. Could be a red oak veneer. Have not really dug too deep. All the drawer fronts are solid wool. Flat top is veneer over son type of wood. So it is a mix but seems to be sturdy. That is the main thing besides functionality.