Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

Don´t fence me in........

It will be dark at 5 during the winter around the solstice. Sunset here is 5:25pm. I'm in southern ky. I'm in the eastern time zone the next county to the west is in the central time zone and sunset for them would be 4:25pm.

The stark and haunting beauty of your photo is incredible. Once again I love the fence. I, like others, am not a big fan of winter. Getting dark at 5 is no fun. We have a lot of grey rainy days here. I don't know that it wouldn't be better to have sunshine, snow on the ground, and cold. We have few of those days but when we do my children sure do like to play (me too!). I digress. Back to the fence, why are they built in the fashion as shown in your photo? I'm sure there is/was a sound reason for it.

As always, thanks for the time and effort spent in posting your photos.

Thanks a lot, Kudu :-) :-)

I dream for summer but as long as i live in Norway i just have to accept winter every year :-)

The fences buildt like this has a long tradition in the mountains of Norway, they go back hundreds of years. Why, i don´t really know but they fit nicely into the landscape :-)

Terje

I think you did Mr. Porter proud, Terje. Wonderful composition (the song and the image)

Thanks a lot for your kind comment, Chase Creek :-) :-)

Terje

Up until the past few years, I spent my entire years in Florida. Here we have only two seasons: summer and February. I kinda like a little variety, and especially (being from Florida) if that variety involves being cool once in a while. We purchase a place in NC, in the mountains, a few years back. We spend spring and early summer up there, and then go back up in the fall for the leaf season. I for one like sitting out on the porch with my coffee, feeding the birds on a crisp 50-degree morning. I'll admit I wouldn't want to be up there right now when the daily high is 31 and the low is about 12!