Fly Tying
vicrider

Fly of the Month Swap...2015

SWAP IS FULL...BUT IT'S A LONG YEAR AND WATCH FOR CALLS FOR ALTERNATES IF SPOTS OPEN UP.

Nick Szabo

PO Box 361

Cheyenne OK 73628

I should have learned my lesson on the Santa Swap (kidding, it was fun) but BB is not able to continue the Monthly Swap this coming year. I'll take it on if we can get a dozen people interested. Nobody can guarantee where they'll be tomorrow, let alone months from now...BUT...if you sign up plan and try to be in for the year. Let me know promptly if you can't continue and it will not effect your overall board swap status unless you just drop with no response. This year let's make the monthly deadline the 21st of each month. That's when my house insurance comes due and seeing the flies will help with that pain.

First, let's see how many we can get to commit. Then I'll complete the monthly fly pattern list. For January I already know it will be a new fly to you to start the new year. In other words, any fly, classic or contemporary, that is a known pattern but you have never tied or tried before. Stretch yourself to start the year and we'll try to keep theme flies thru the year as much as possible.

Vicrider

1. Add147

2. Joseph Russell

3. Jolly Red

4. trez

5. Crackleback

6. Dorado

7 .Breambuster

8. djtrout

9. Bassbugn

10. border collies

11. kennebec12

12. Bambudday

I've been telling my self I wouldn't join if someone did the club another year but I just can't resist. I'm in. I believe me and breambuster are the only original swap club members to make it the whole four years. Hopefully he joins in for year five, too.

-Mike

Hey Vicrider- Thanks for hosting this year long commitment! I would love to join the club for the 2015 year. Great way to keep me tying year round and to explore new patterns.

FYI- The Santa swap was fun too. -Dorado

OK. I can't let Crackleback have more years in than me. Sign me up. I'll have to get used to the idea that the flies are due on the 21st. Vicrider, I appreciate, very much, you taking over the hosting duties. That frees me up to do some other things.

Take care

BB

I'm in - haven't done a swap for a year or 2 - should be fun for the year. Just got my 12 yr old his 1st tying kit for Christmas - might have to use it to teach him some flies!!!

Great BamBudday, you'll fill that spot that just opened up. Yeah, you work with that kid with his tying kit. By midsummer he'll be doing the flies for the swap for ya'.