Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
carlp5351

Warning Points under username

I haven't posted in a while and I've noticed something new under couple lines under my user name. 0 warning points, what dose this mean? Don't see it on anybody else's. can anyone let me know what this means.

carlp

It means we (the in-crowd) are voting on whether you are worthy to stay in the Forum.

Ha ha ha ha just kidding. smile.png It doesn't mean anything.

In some other forums it is used when an individual violates the terms of use. Certain violations earn a certain number of points and when a certain number of points is reached the users posting rights are suspended or revoked.

It's a reminder that Santa Claus is watching you, and making a list. Better be nice!

Yes, 0 is what you want. You get warning points by breaking forum rules. Only you see how many warning points you have, so you can see yours, but nobody else can.

Maybe we should use them. No not as some kind of disciplinary thing, but as a fun thing. (I think people are very well behaved here, no need for that). What we could do is have some fun forfeits, like you must tie and post a joke fly if you get 4 points. Well it is the silly season.

Cheers,

C.

It's a reminder that Santa Claus is watching you, and making a list. Better be nice!

Too late FlaFly, Secret Santa has already sent all the fly box exchanges and special gifts out. All wrapped and loaded with a dye pack if anyone opens them before Christmas Eve.

This topic has been asked before. As far as I can remember, this site doesn't use the system anymore. You CAN'T accrue points ... unless you're Joel, they made a special category in his case.

So, we can't rack up points, even if we wanted to. Except Joel.

I believe, at 8,750, you become a site monitor ... like Steve !!!

in the Classic Fly Forum the points are out for everyone to see. This was necessary because we have some real jerks over there.

Maybe we should use them. No not as some kind of disciplinary thing, but as a fun thing. (I think people are very well behaved here, no need for that). What we could do is have some fun forfeits, like you must tie and post a joke fly if you get 4 points. Well it is the silly season.

Cheers,

C.

Lol, I like this idea!

who cares!

its a fly tying/fishing forum and not some place to come and get goody boy points for sugar coated answers

I will say that it's nice to come to a forum where people have manners and respect for each other's opinion!

I have been on other sites and that is not the case?

Maybe at some point in time warning points were required .

I have been on other sites and that is not the case?

Maybe at some point in time warning points were required .

I believe it is because of the "forum template". Like when these forums are created, they are a blank slate that can be customized, but they have some basic defaults. I know that the Carp Anglers Group is made from the exact same template - they have the warning points and same basic setup.