Fly Tying

TwoFour Swap ----------- SWAP IS FULL.............

Thought I would check to see if you guys are up for a swap. Changing it up to make the postage worthwhile and give us lots of time. You can do 4 different types of one group of flies ex: 4 different caddis's or you can do 4 different groups ex: wet dry, dry, scuds, streamers. One dry group and 3 different scuds, you get the idea. Anything goes.

Postal - Canada

Deadline - Mar 2 2015

24 flies = 4 sets of 6

4 different types of flies

You know the rules. If your interested Say you are in, then you can list your choices.

1) li'l Dave - #8 peacock bugger, #10 PTN, #14 hares ear and a #16 PTN - ARRIVED

2) rockworm - four stages of the Ephemeroptera. Possibly the BWO. - ARRIVED

3) Vicrider - 1 Loch/Lough, 1 soft hackle, 1 Classic dry and 1 streamer. - ARRIVED

4) fishingbobnelson - 4 fore and aft. - ARRIVED

5) Henrik Thomsen (DK) - 1 classic wet, 1 upving dry (a la Halford), 1 old style (Skues or Sayers) nymph and 1 "no vise" tied spider (on a blind eye hook). -ARRIVED

6) Eric Hansen - 4 different hoppers.- DROPPED OUT

hmmm...

You know I'm a salty!!

Anyhoo..

I'm going to do two nymphs, a streamer and a little terrestrial of some sort

I think for starters I'll go with a Loch/Lough fly since there's so many neat ones in there proved by the recent swap. Then a soft hackle of course. And nobody ever has enough Classic dries. Top that off with a streamer and the mix is complete.

I used to fish so many narrow bubbly creeks up in northern WI and MN for brookies that I wish I'd have had Tenkara then. It would have been perfect. Very seldom did I make a cast of more than 10' plus the leader and much of it was just length of rod and dapping behind rocks and roots. Tenkara would have been fun and I often thought of digging an old bamboo pole out of the folks attic in the garage to use. Poor man's Tenkara.

I'll go for a classic wet, an upving dry (a la Halford), an old style (Skues or Sayers) nymph and a "no vise" tied spider (on a blind eye hook).

Like to challenge myself a bit while being in the process of studying the old classics and the techniques. ;-)

Looking much forward to do these sets.

Henrik