Fly Tying

Not a hundred percent on how short it is when it's collapsed, but it extends to 14ft. Looks to be about a foot and a half or so collapsed....

BEST. CHRISTMAS. EVER!

I'll try not to disappoint....

Just a quick note, hope you had a festive holiday. You can put the four flies on a larger tag if it makes it easier for you. That way you would be using 6 tags instead of 24. Just putting it out there.

Remember if you keep your packet under 3/4 inch thick it saves greatly on the postage, also under the 100grams weight.

Otherwise it is higher. Your choice. If you Want ppal done with the postage just pm Me and I will send my email address Then send the info of $ amount owing for the shipping.

If not then you can pm me with weight, L xW xH of your packet and I will let you know the amount to include. Some of you already know all this so ignore me.

Pm me if you have any questions and I will try to get back to you. No guarantees till after the New Years. Well maybe a little more after the New Years.

To you too 'Shoes. ..

Have been doing some playing this morning... A

Would these be acceptable? #8 peacock bugger, #10 PTN, #14 hares ear and a #16 PTN

post-22241-0-43035500-1420162056_thumb.jpg

Well Li'l one I'm not sure......hmm.

You know, come spring those trout in the river will gobble those up. I think maybe you should toss those this way. Can't imagine anyone turning them away. Fishy Bob might just take those up in the mountains. If you can get him to stop going for lunch all the time.

Cool. As long as you think there is enough difference between the groups... still have to tweak the #16..

And all of them have a little bit of wire wrapped around the shank for a little weight.

Fishybob your flies have arrived.

The hardest part of hosting a swap is when the flies arrive. You open the packet and once you see the flies this little imp sitting on your shoulder is asking " do we have to share them, do we really?"

I guess this is testament to the quality of the flies we get in these swaps.

Well done fishybob!

C'mon Sharon, how do ya' think I felt when I had all the Secret Santa flies in front of me and that included all those boxes besides. There was a well stocked fly shop right there. Got mine in the mail today too. Streamer I wasn't happy with but trying to do more than the usual Mickey Finn I usually do. Green soft hackle, Grey Turkey Adult Midge Lough fly, and a #16 Adams dry subbing Cree hackle. Not too bad a group.

Now Vic admit it you had both shoulders nattering in your ears. Lol. I'll keep an eye open for your beauties.

Forgot to say thank you to fishybob for the extras.

It's really difficult to get motivated to tie trouty patterns when I can almost hear the Golden Trevally swatting their tails in foot deep water....

If at first you don't succeed.

Try try again.

Tis a lesson you should heed.

Try try again.

You can do it Dave! Fishybobs are already looking good on my desk. Lol.

I actually watched a duck fishing around an ice flow in the river yesterday. I was standing there having the wind flash freeze my face. It was actually beautiful with the Devils breath rising off the water and glowing in the morning light. Then I remembered I was standing in the coldest place in town and thawed my brain and kept walking.

I have finished my group of flies. Looking good! Maybe I should mail them to myself? Can't wait to see your flies. This swap will be a treat to sort and mail back.