Fly Tying
vicrider

Secret Santa pictures and thank you

I sincerely hope all gifts got thru the mail okay I sent out. Had a few not heard from and I had two sets never made it to me. I've had really good luck with PO over the years but this is a dangerous time of year for shipping anything. Anyway, may I be the first to picture my gift and give a big THANK YOU to Bent Fly Rod. These are very fishable deer hair sculptures hanging from our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, but I doubt the wife would let me put them to the test in water. Very well done tho and since I got to pick my gift it was great for me since my wetting flies time is so limited these days but my displaying and enjoying them is not.

Since Christmas Eve has always been traditional opening in our house, let's start seeing some pics soon.

DSC00930_zps117e04a5.jpg

DSC00931_zps84bdcdfa.jpg

Merry christmas Nick

I opened mine on christmas eve... last night... great bunch of ties from I hang ten... love the box, and also the extra stocking fillers! I've never had store bought bendback hooks!

post-22241-0-56060400-1419463597_thumb.jpg

A Big Thanks to Breambuster for my present! Great set of flies to tear up some panfish and a very nice box. Bonus of a package of hooks and some good looking dubbing! This swap was a blast, thanks again for all the work vicrider.

post-51283-0-35320800-1419512417_thumb.jpg

post-51283-0-46490300-1419512443_thumb.jpg

post-51283-0-96862000-1419512469_thumb.jpg

Thank you to JBurge, beautiful set of flies! Thanks for the hooks and dubbing, and especially for hosting VicRider! Merry Christmas everyone

Thanks VicRider again, perfect stocking stuffers.

Flies from lil Dave. The great things about this swap is that these are flies I'd probably never tie for myself just because they aren't in my familiar wheelhouse. Very much appreciated. Looking forward to using them a little later today.

199063CD-F723-430C-853B-1C257AD8274C_zps

B1226E04-A9B6-45E7-92C6-3052F8F09B2D_zps

Absolutely love all the flies I got!! Thanks you Joseph Russel! I cannot wait to try them out on the local waters! Also got some extra things. I am assuming you put them in there Vicrider. Thanks you so much foe everything guys. You two definitely just made my Christmas!!!

meyer, you had mentioned North Shore steelhead and didn't have anything along those lines so I threw in some of the things we used up north. Those simple setups caught trout, salmon, and lakers in streams in MN, WI, MI. I used a short hunk of mono to show you how we snelled the hooks, then slid a couple of contrasting pieces of yarn under snell, usually with a rubber egg. Hate to ruin the idea of beautiful steelhead flies but most North Shore streams were basically pools with very little traditional fly fishing available. Mainly dunk and run for short stretches with those setups and a lot of lead.

Nick

I finally opened my package and was really pleased. There was an excellent set of dries from Rockworm and some goodies from St Nick. I have a decent photo of them in this phone but I am too stupid to be able to post them. Thank you fellows and Merry Christmas.

I opened mine this morning and was not disappointed! Gorgeous flies in an equally gorgeous box from Netabrookie. I will post a photo soon. Merry Christmas to all!

I got a wonderful set of flies from Jfinn, some cool extra flies, great dubbing and chenille, and a really cool round fly box. Thank you very much, and happy holidays.

file_zps13af777f.jpg

Thank you David R for the excellent selection of flies. They should work very well here. Thank you VIcrider for hosting and sending along the extras.

I will post pictures as soon as possible.

The box ScottK got from me was nothing compared to the one I got from him!!! First, I need to tell you that I'm the guy who rarely, if ever, wins anything, that is, until now! I was fortunate & blessed to be one of the 3 winners in Vicrider's little drawing and the box I won is an aluminum box with a beautiful leaping trout on the lid with "FTF 2014" printed in the upper left corner. Inside, the box has 16 little compartments and each compartment has a spring loaded lid with a little wire catch. You press the little wire catch and the lid pops open. Each little lid has a stylized cut-out of a fish with a piece of clear plastic so that you can see what is in each compartment. I think of the box as more of a presentation box. It's really too nice to take out on the river where it might see some rough usage. And in each little compartment, ScottK has included some VERY nice trout flies. They are really some great patterns and awesome ties. Most of them are nymph patterns, but there are also emergers and dry patterns as well. I also received some dubbing and Thin Skin from Santa. All in all, my participation in the Secret Santa Swap this year resulted in a VERY nice Christmas present. Thanks to ScottK and to Vicrider! I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Take care

BB

BB, that box was worth going into a special category. Beautiful. Hard to put that back into the general population while I was handling it. Glad you got the spin of the wheel on that one. Figured you'd appreciate. As for ScottK getting yours, there was not an exact cross. In other words, the boxes were mixed up and everyone got one from someone different. The random pick one does that when you feed it numbers/names.