Fly Tying
agn54

Clouser/Half N' Half Variant Swap

You got it Backyardhunter. SWAP IS FULL

DUE DATE WILL BE FEB 28. This gives us 2 months to get them done. I'll send out the address is a little bit. Don't forget toe tags and return postage. If anyone is outside of the US let me know and we can work out return postage another way.

I just received a patch of Kangaroo fur. It is really cool. I'm not sure it is long enough for this 1/2 and 1/2. I'm thinking it would end up a size 10, maybe an 8. I'll try it before I say yes to it.

Michael

I would love to see what kangaroo fur looks like. If you tie one up and don't go with it for the swap, could you still post a pic of it?

Here is what I am doing. The belly is yak, the wing is black bear topped with goat.

post-18514-0-81787100-1421008050_thumb.jpg

This type bait should work real good on yearling bass in a private lake I sometimes fish.

I will probably do some testing before my ideas get final set, but like most of you said I will probably send in a ghost minnow. (or baby blugill)

All set. The "Foxy Bou-roo" looks good. Tail of white marabou with an over lay of Red Fox Tail rootbeer flash with an under wing of kangaroo and an over wing of olive/green bucktail. size 4 and lead eyes.

The Roo is silky soft and seems to look good in water. However it is not very long. I didn't cut much after it was on the hook.

Hope everyone catches something huge on it... or anything that swims will work too.

Look forward to an address.

Michael