Fly Tying
flytire

January flies from the vise

Here are few from the last few days.

All the deer hair stuff here is art! But something I would actually tie and fish is this one with the pink collar. Is that cdc? It looks really spikey how was it tied in?

That's one of my versions of a pink squirrel. It is CDC tied in like wet fly hackle.

Figured with all of the amazing deer hair flies on here I would give it a go. Here is my first attempt at a spun hair fly, kept it nice and simple with a Goddard Caddis

DSC_0019_zpsafrjogij.jpg

That looks like a good start to me.

Ray

Thanks, I was always a little bit hesitant to try spinning hair, turns out its actually pretty fun.

That sedge will catch loads. I find they sometimes fish better when packed tight and sometimes better not so tight so they sit lower. Tie up both for your box.

Have a chance to fish a new river for salmon later this month. Been told to cascade works well with green and yellow more than orange so some small doubles to back up the large stuff already in my box.

SnowJan2015016_zps1cbb832a.jpgSnowJan2015017_zps1d122765.jpgSnowJan2015020_zps9c9d4da7.jpg

SnowJan2015012_zpsae593a66.jpg

Very pretty, Piker; you do good work. I always enjoy your flies.

I hadn't been regular here for a while, but now that my schedule lets me visit more, I remember exactly why I have enjoyed it for years, great flies and friendly people. I look forward to seeing what everyone has tied each day.

Ray

Some "soft wets" Some spiders but mostly winged wets. These are for the lochs, if I where to tie them for rivers they would be a lot sparser.

Softwets_0005_zps87ad4824.jpg

Cheers,

C.

April feeling a long way away at the minute Alan. Hoping to join Dornoch this season, do you know when agm due?

Sorry no, Colin, but will let you know when I do. Do you need proposing or seconding?

Web site will have details when they are available. You can send in the cash before though. There is a link to the form at the bottom of the page.

Cheers,

C.