Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
J-Kno

Denver Show this weekend?

Seems that the "tying" section keeps getting a little smaller. I had a great time though. I got to speak with some incredible bug twisters. There was a HUGE amount of "travel" destination type booths. Maybe the same as always and I just noticed it more... One row of bamboo rods, that was great. I even found some selling for under $600! Maybe they aren't as "out of reach" as I thought. Some day...

Seems that the "tying" section keeps getting a little smaller. I had a great time though. I got to speak with some incredible bug twisters. There was a HUGE amount of "travel" destination type booths. Maybe the same as always and I just noticed it more... One row of bamboo rods, that was great. I even found some selling for under $600! Maybe they aren't as "out of reach" as I thought. Some day...

I noticed the same thing also. There are usually tyers lining both sides of the aisle.

On the other hand there were more exhibitors. This is the first time Umpqua had a booth.

I even think there were more attendees this year.

J-Kno,

Are you going to make the West TU Fly Tying Clinic? The big boys will be there like Charlie, Garcia, Pat and even Rim Chung will be there.

I know you have probably seen him but if I had the time I would watch Eric Ishiwata.

Also heard you did a great job at Elkhorn. Congrats! Maybe you should be tying at the Fly Fishing Show.

Kimo

Kimo,

Hearsay, I tell you... hearsay, CONJECTURE and lies! Thank you for the kind words, I truly enjoyed tying at Elkhorn.

I am planning on going to the WDTU clinic this year, but just as a spectator at this point. I have aspirations of tying at the Denver Show and WDTU, maybe next year! lol.

I have seen Eric's fine work, but just introduced myself to him yesterday over at the Beulah booth. Real nice guy.

errr... Which two are you speaking about? ( I HAD to google 'tita' an thus my comments above) Sounds like quite and endearing reference - at least it could be.

I'm headed to Indy this Sat/Sun to observe some tiers down there. I'm sure they'll straighten me out - as far as fly tying.

(not to hijack this thread - we're supposed to be talking about DENVER!!!)

BCT

How was the Indy show? Indy was better than Denver come Sunday evening.... lol.

Ah, well I'm betting the show in Denver was better than Indy - Sorry Indy! However, it was alright, albeit somewhat small. I had never been to the Indy show and just by chance my friend and I sat with a couple of people that have attended the show in year's past.

They said this show was 'better' this year as it was focused solely on fishing. They mentioned that some lady had run it in the past and had fishing and hunting exhibitors. There was maybe 2 dozen guides/tyers with a few vendors sprinkled in the mix this year.

We had plans to stay overnight thinking that we wouldn't be able to see it all in one day. We saw most in the first hour. Don't get me wrong, it was nice and all, just a little smaller than I expected. The show at the McComb Comm College this March will be more the size I thought Indy was going to be - and it should satisfy me as far as finding some materials that I'm currently looking for.

So, while Indy was doing better that Denver Sunday evening, Saturday evening Denver was doing better than Indy in the fly tying world AND in football. :)

BCT