Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cjsnyder1234

Spineless minnow?

Anyone know how this fly is tied? looks like its tubing coated in flex and painted and for the join just some articulated shanks.

was wondering if anyone had the recipe for this fly?

google link

http://rusuperfly.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=223

Think you are pretty spot on. Marabou and flash on the tail, mylar tube body (painted), dubbing for red, and then either an articulated shank, clipped hook, cotter pin for the join.

You could always send an email to Pat and he'd probably tell you exactly what it is.

I was going to but didn't want to seam like "that guy" lol but I might whats the worst he could say. and im thinking flex coat for the tubing so it stays semi ridged

I've got this thing down pretty good if you're still interested. The head is the trickiest part. If you watch Blane Chocklett's T-bone part 3 video on youtube he essentially shows you how to do it at the halfway point of the video. The key trick is having a straight eye'd streamer hook. It doesn't look quite right with a down-eye, but that may actually make it more effective.

Have seen similar patterns by John Ryzanych using Softex as the final coating. Not quite sure how well that would work with Copic markers, but you can always make up your own by thinning Marine Goop or the like.

No need to coat the heads. They hold up well in the water. The heads and bodies are tied the same way.

Use flex cord And not mylar tubing.

post-32306-0-70244400-1428537434_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. This is what I have come up with so far. Pretty close.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

are you using a shank for the head portion of the fly and connecting it the back hook with a split ring?