Fly Tying
jaymack

Source for razor blades

I just picked up a small pack of Wilkensons from a local store for a couple bucks. I have not tried them yet. The Local Walmart only had the "As seen on TV" ones endorsed by the Pawn Stars guy at a much higher price.

Kentucky ... THAT's a cool deal. One hundred double edge razors for 13 bucks. 13 cents each ... you can't beat that. AND, at that price, you can toss them as soon as they're dull.

Thank you for pointing those out, I will be looking for those.

I was at one of the local small Walmarts the other day looking for these in the shaving department but they didn't have any. The only thing I could find was disposable razors? Is this the department I need to be looking in or just find a bigger Walmart?

Kentucky ... THAT's a cool deal. One hundred double edge razors for 13 bucks. 13 cents each ... you can't beat that. AND, at that price, you can toss them as soon as they're dull.

Thank you for pointing those out, I will be looking for those.

I'm glad to help.Hope everyone can use them.

I was at one of the local small Walmarts the other day looking for these in the shaving department but they didn't have any. The only thing I could find was disposable razors? Is this the department I need to be looking in or just find a bigger Walmart?

I found them in the shaving dept.The only others are in the tool dept and they are the single edge stiff back ones Mikechell mentioned.If your walmart don,t have them you can order them online and pick them up in your local store at no extra charge or they have free shipping to your door.

Sorry. The last batch I got -- a 10 pack IIRC -- are not marked with a brand name. Just "stainless steel blades, double edge". The wrapper is long gone. Shame because they work fine. I got them from CVS 4-5 years ago.

Rocco

I've used Shick and the Wilkensons (sp?) and some of the no-name brands. The super market is usually fairly inexpensive. The drug store not so much. If you have an Amazon Prime account you can get these for 11.50 USD with free ship and they have a 4 1/2 star rating. These should last a while.

blades.jpg

Those single blade razors on my face scare the hell out of me, but the razor blades are awesome for deer hair. I am out and will be looking soon. Dollar tree will be my first stop.

Keep posting cheap places to buy them.

Besides tying I construct stick and tissue planes and have found the following blades to be better than the double edge type. The single edge enables me to manipulate and put pressure behind the blade. Inexpensive as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014E94SU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for the tip on these blades . I am going to try them , the price is terrific , and it will overcome my fear of splitting two sided blades and bleeding all over my tying table.

I just picked up a small pack of Wilkensons from a local store for a couple bucks. I have not tried them yet. The Local Walmart only had the "As seen on TV" ones endorsed by the Pawn Stars guy at a much higher price.

I found the "As seen on" ones at the check-out in Walmart. A double pack, 6 each, for $4.

Kirk