Fly Tying

most everyone loves a specialty coffee. the foam, richness and the extraordinary favors, is what draws us to them.

what i don't like is the status cup, lactose, high cost and leaving the warm house to get it. solution??? make a coffee at home, based on a Tibetan coffee.

take 1 cup of coffee, add 1/2 tsp of butter (base) and blend in a blender. omg.... rich, foamy, and a touch of saltiness. to this base i add chocolate chips, brown sugar, and a touch of vanilla. it's like drinking a chocolate chip cookie.

take that Starbucks!!

I just quit drinking coffee a few years back. Doesn't cost me a dime, anymore. I got Wife a Kuerig that makes one cup at a time ... and she can get whatever flavors she wants.

I'm a coffee addict myself. Drink a minimum of a pot a day and sometimes two pots. I don;t go in for all them fancy coffee's though. I'm a Maxwell House straight black type guyhappy.png

Nice touch with the butter, I have been using coconut oil. LOVE it! No more Fivebucks for me (Starbucks)

Green Mountain Coffee "Our Blend" made in my stove top percolator. First thing I do every day. I have had coffee from many different coffee shops and all of the chain places like dunkin doughnuts and starbucks and I think the coffee I make my self is by far the best. I love the percolator also because after I have two or three cups I can top up the water and percolate it a little more and I get another fresh pot with out using more grounds.

I've tried prench press, auto drip, coffee cone, and others and my favorite is by far the peculator, it takes a while to figure out how to keep the water from boiling after it starts percolating so you don't scald the coffee but once you do you'll never find a better cup (strong and flavorful) of coffee.

I'm with you Steve.... Maxwell House Master Blend! I drink three mugs every morning, each about 2 cups measure.

I like basic coffee, not into the latte's or anything fancy. My wife bought me a Kuerig a couple of years ago, and I got the little cup baskets for it so I can use any coffee I wish.

I don't often use the K-cups. They're not cheap & IMO generate too much waste. When I have used them I put the cups in the recycle since they're plastic. I would bet not everyone does! sad.png

I'm a big fan of Dunkin Donuts coffee, so I buy their beans & make it at home! smile.png

I do the same thing w/ my Keurig, got the little basket and use either Dunkin Donuts or Maxwell House. Straight black for me.

I love good black coffee but have always been too lazy and/or pressed for time to make it in the mornings before work. (My commute to work is an hour each way, so I usually get up just in time to hit the shower, get dressed and get out the door.)

Last year my wife bought us a Keurig -- WOW do I love that thing! In the time it takes me to put my shoes on, it's ready and steaming in my travel mug. Lots of great flavors, too.

Team Keurig all the way. :)

Can't help it, but being coffee addict in the US must be hard. The brown tea like substance mist Americans call coffee goes by the name tea here in Europe.

I myself is a coffee addict and have major issues satisfying my needs when travelling the US. 😀😀

Need a pot of coffee there for each cup in Denmark, and 8-10 cups a day in Denmark is pretty normal. 😈

My wife and I are coffeeholics, we have a tassimo and a Nespresso machine side by side at home. I prefer mine black but she likes to "taint" hers with cream and sugar.......straight up blasphemy in my eyes. Ive heard South America has some very good coffee

The last time I was in Europe, I still drank coffee. To my taste buds, the coffee wasn't "stronger" ... it was just more bitter.

as great as the buttered coffee is, i'm only having i here and there. i've still yet to try it using coconut oil.

i'm a pot a day addict like most. i'll drink whatever is on sale. as cool as those new machines are; it is still too costly for me $$$ wise as well as environmental. i'd drink it faster then i can load it, lol.

if i want a coffee while i'm out and about....it is MacDonalds for me. far cheaper than Sixbucks, and better tasting than Tim Hortons. plus they have a sticker program (buy 7, get one free)

i used to drink mine with 'white death' (powdered coffee creamer), but am now just a two sugar guy. far better than my wife's cola habit imho. as weak as it sounds, the cane sugar i consume is healthier than the fructose that she ingests, lol.