Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
newbie@this

First flies tied...

'They posted but they are pretty out of focus. It is going to be difficult to provide some tips if those that want to see then - can't because they are so out of focus. Don't get this wrong, as I want to encourage you, the 'spider' and even the first one - I can see the profile a bit and they aren't horrible - they'll catch a fish or two I think.

But try to get a few pictures that are in focus ok? thanks.

BCT

BCT-thanks for the comment. It's an older camera, and I was trying to angle the camera to get the best shot of each. I must have moved when taking the shots.

First you need to use the Macro setting on your camera. Then you need a fast shutter speed, over 400 or use a tripod. Then you will need LOTS of light. Without the Macro setting turned on, you won't get too far with your images.

utyer got it, and if the camera has a timer... use it and set the camera down on some books or whatever and let the camera take the shot. THat way you wont be able to shake it.. ok? It's just a good trick to use if it's and automatic or on automatic setting.

BCT

Im actually having trouble trying to post pictures of my flys. I have them in my puter but they wont copy and paste. Am i doing this wrong?

you need to focus the camera first

use a tripod to steady the shakes

you don't need macro just use manual focus

good lighting is best

Just curious about your screen name. At what point do you think you might need to change that? You won't be a noob forever.