Fly Tying
Crackaig

February Flies from the Vice

QUILLGORDONEMERGER_zps0f3d6671.jpg

QUILL GORDON EMERGER – Stenström/Variant, TMC 2499SP-BLB, #14…

UV2SSHENDRICKSONEMERGERSGRP_zpsbdd90d1b.

UV2 SS HENDRICKSON EMERGER(s)…

BATWINGLTCAHILLEMERGER_zps7fc79bbe.jpg

BAT WING E/C LIGHT CAHILL(s)…

PT/TB

post-54906-0-97822600-1424368304_thumb.jpgpost-54906-0-37798900-1424368448_thumb.jpg

some Bucktail hard head streamers I tied this week. Salt water. stainless steel mustad 1/0, I tie the heads facing away from the hook and then fold them over. No hair ever falls out.

Thanks Mikechell, I combined two types of flys the basic streamer and a Mickey Finn. I've used them as teasers only. Stripers tend to hit the teaser 8 out of 10 times in the spring,so this year I'm gonna try them on the fly rod alone.

Sorry, tried to make a post but couldn't get the image to show. I'll try again later.

FattyMatt I really like those! they look like they'd be awesome for Stripers..Is that your own design?

FattyMatt I really like those! they look like they'd be awesome for Stripers..Is that your own design?

Hey Joe,

Clousers/gotchas are so customizable, this fly is my variation. I just played with the colors and added a second synthetic rubber-like material called "spanflex" to act as the mouth parts. I agree, I think hungry stripers in nj would eat up weighted versions of these.

Hey Joe,

Clousers/gotchas are so customizable, this fly is my variation. I just played with the colors and added a second synthetic rubber-like material called "spanflex" to act as the mouth parts. I agree, I think hungry stripers in nj would eat up weighted versions of these.

Hey Im out here on long island. Ever fish Montauk? Thats my stompin grounds. I live on the East end.