Fly Tying
joseph russell

CARP 2015 SWAP

All my flies are tied

alright let me know when there on the way . Im looking forward to seeing them and everyone else's.

Alright, I'll plan on sending them Monday.

For those that are new to swaps here is some of the guidelines for sending flies.

Most people send there flies in a crush proof container like a Altoids mint tin . Tag on each fly with your screen name so we know who tied them . Then place in a non sealed envelope with return postage stamps not metered mail then place that envelope inside and envelope and mail to me . When I received all swappers flies I will sort them and send them back in your envelope that you sent . Then you get some fantastic flies from all that participated. I have to worn you it gets addictive.

Thanks Joseph

Then you get some fantastic flies from all that participated. I have to worn you it gets addictive.

yes they are. here are all of my swap flies from days of old.

post-52814-0-47076300-1423267449_thumb.jpg post-52814-0-03311200-1423267468_thumb.jpg post-52814-0-22075000-1423267490_thumb.jpg

Well look like we only have 10 people so I'm gonna close it out and set a date for say April 10 should be enough time to finish and get the sent in.

Thanks Joseph

Finished up mine today, carp sized zonker slider in a natural tan color

Hook: Gamakatsu B10s Size 8

Thread: SuperFly 3/0 Tan

Eyes: Bead Chain

Tail: Rabbit Fur

Body: Tan Ice Dub

Wing: Zonker Strip

Collar: Indian Hen Back

Head: Deer Hair

Throat: Tan Ice Dub

Okay guys, lets get those vises going. I want to be fishing for carp by the turn in date, not waiting for last minute sendouts. Looking forward to this since I just finished wrapping up and putting handle on a bamboo blank with extra body for throwing at carp. I have a lot of bamboo rods but this one I picked just for this kind of fishing. Light 7'6" 2/2 for a 6wt. that's a hollowed design blank that gives stronger lower rod response. If this turns out a little light for carpies the size of some that swim around here I've got a Para17 8'6" 8wt. bamboo that should handle anything. I don't think there's anything that's going to make me go back to one of my plastic rods but ya' never know.

I want to mention something to new swappers that helps me a lot and should help joseph russell or any swapmeister. Put your NAME and your board HANDLE on the box with your flies. It makes for much easier sorting and tho it seems a simple straightforward operation until you do it on the kitchen table with cats jumping around you don't know how easy it is to mix flies or containers, at least for old guys like me.

Nick

Okay guys, lets get those vises going. I want to be fishing for carp by the turn in date, not waiting for last minute sendouts. Looking forward to this since I just finished wrapping up and putting handle on a bamboo blank with extra body for throwing at carp. I have a lot of bamboo rods but this one I picked just for this kind of fishing. Light 7'6" 2/2 for a 6wt. that's a hollowed design blank that gives stronger lower rod response. If this turns out a little light for carpies the size of some that swim around here I've got a Para17 8'6" 8wt. bamboo that should handle anything. I don't think there's anything that's going to make me go back to one of my plastic rods but ya' never know.

I want to mention something to new swappers that helps me a lot and should help joseph russell or any swapmeister. Put your NAME and your board HANDLE on the box with your flies. It makes for much easier sorting and tho it seems a simple straightforward operation until you do it on the kitchen table with cats jumping around you don't know how easy it is to mix flies or containers, at least for old guys like me.

Nick

Good tip, I hope to have mine done by the end of this week. I'll be heading to AZ in April, so I too am looking forward to seeing the flies (much better carpin' in

AZ than where I live). I'll let you know when mine ship out.