Fly Tying

15 or not all of these questions can be answered by doing simple searches using the many search engines available. This seems more to be a case of how many questions can I post on the boards

it is the keen interest and curiosity of new tyers that keep this site alive. most every question imaginable about fishing or tying has been asked and answered multiple times here. if the just turned into a 'search for the answer' site it would be dead (ie. no new content), or a water cooler site for a select few. it is the noobs that drive this site imho. hell i'd like to see my post run here when i first started tying, lol.

keep at it my friend.

Very very true gentlemen! I know I had some questions when I first began last spring and they got answered. I am sure many thought why doesn't he just search for the answers. Some I did search for but it is not like getting some sort of a response plus it makes a new person feel welcome to the forum as well to the sport in my opinion.

Guys i still would love to have those links or videos.

Stunt,

Go to You Tube and type in deer hair flies. There are tons of videos there buddy. I have spent hours watching You Tube videos...LOL...Especially when there is only crap on TV...You Tube is a fly tiers best friend in my opinion...Well maybe not their "BEST" friend but a close second!

Here's a simple fly using deer hair...I've tied it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctD7PtRsQk0

Here's another one more challenging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXLEAJB5kA

Of course I do not know what all supplies you have in your stash...The second one entails spinning deer hair which I do not find all that hard but to some it is some what frustrating. Only way to get good is to try and go for it. Worse thing that can happen is you have to strip the hook and start over again and trust me you will end up doing that a lot in this hobby...LOL...I know I sure have but I never give up till I think I got the hang of it. That is just me though...

Stunt,

Go to You Tube and type in deer hair flies. There are tons of videos there buddy. I have spent hours watching You Tube videos...LOL...Especially when there is only crap on TV...You Tube is a fly tiers best friend in my opinion...Well maybe not their "BEST" friend but a close second!

I will and ill make one to night or tomorow ,Thank you.

15 or not all of these questions can be answered by doing simple searches using the many search engines available. This seems more to be a case of how many questions can I post on the boards

It's this type of attitude that can put off a young, inexperienced beginner. Sometimes what one needs is a personalized answer to a seemingly ubiquitous question. I've asked questions myself that I could not find an answer to with the seemingly ineffective search base here. I think artimus001 said it best.

Have you seen the response new duck hunters get on duck hunting forums? Don't be like those guys.

Welcome to the hobby Stuntsurvivalist.

It's this type of attitude that can put off a young, inexperienced beginner. Sometimes what one needs is a personalized answer to a seemingly ubiquitous question. I've asked questions myself that I could not find an answer to with the seemingly ineffective search base here. I think artimus001 said it best.

Have you seen the response new duck hunters get on duck hunting forums? Don't be like those guys.

Welcome to the hobby Stuntsurvivalist.

Thank you.

Stunt,

I edited my post a few times by the time you replied....Go check out those to links I posted...Don't be afraid to ask questions here...Trust me I've asked plenty of them and still do especially the stupid ones...mikechell and utyer can attest to that! LOL LOL

Stunt,

I edited my post a few times by the time you replied....Go check out those to links I posted...Don't be afraid to ask questions here...Trust me I've asked plenty of them and still do especially the stupid ones...mikechell and utyer can attest to that! LOL LOL

Thank you so much im going to look at them right now.

Try this pattern Deer Hair Ant This video will show you every thing you need to know. All you need is a hook, black thread, and deer body hair (not bucktail.) Don't worry if your deer hair isn't black, you are tying to learn to tie something with what you have. When your done, just go over it with a black Sharpie.

It is important that we make everyone feel welcome as we are a community. We all share a commen passion for fly tying and fly fishing. No one should feel discouraged or judged and I have always felt that this forum is full of great people. It is good to see that Stuntsurvivalist is eager to learn and this forum has endless knowledge for those seeking it. Stuntsurvivalist, you may also want to check out the Beginners Corner. It is full of people who are just starting out and are new to this. There are a many great sub-forums on here and the Beginners Corner is a good place to start. I've always found every fly to be a learning experience even flies I've tied hundreds of times I'm always looking for ways to improve or tweak the patterns or the way I'm tying.

Anyways as far as the deer hair, do you have any Chenille? If so you may want to check out some mouse patterns some are simply deer hair body with Chenille acting as a tail.

It is important that we make everyone feel welcome as we are a community. We all share a commen passion for fly tying and fly fishing. No one should feel discouraged or judged and I have always felt that this forum is full of great people. It is good to see that Stuntsurvivalist is eager to learn and this forum has endless knowledge for those seeking it. Stuntsurvivalist, you may also want to check out the Beginners Corner. It is full of people who are just starting out and are new to this. There are a many great sub-forums on here and the Beginners Corner is a good place to start. I've always found every fly to be a learning experience even flies I've tied hundreds of times I'm always looking for ways to improve or tweak the patterns or the way I'm tying.

Anyways as far as the deer hair, do you have any Chenille? If so you may want to check out some mouse patterns some are simply deer hair body with Chenille acting as a tail.

Thank you and i do but it gave my like to fingers full of hair i dont think i could and im not that good, and my dads phone takes good pics thats what i took the last few with he accidently keeps leaving it at work some hes off tomorrow and today so friday i will do many pics. Sry :/