Fly Tying

OK I'll take a stab at this and see how correct I am...LOL...Y'all correct me if I screw the pooch on this!

Looks like you have some orange deer hair but to me it looks like deer tail, white marabou feathers, peacock herils which look kind a short to me but I understand you got a kit, and some turkey or duck wing feathers it looks like. Did I nail it?

Now go to You Tube, Google, Yahoo, whatever you choose and type in tying marabou flies, tying deer hair flies, etc. There will be tons of examples for you to look at. As I stated earlier You Tube is your friend! Just imagine how some of the older fellows had to learn tying flies. Either they were shown by someone or they read books and magazines. We are very fortunate to have the internet to be able to learn so much on this hobby so fast. I am 47 years old I am have learned so much by just surfing the web for hours upon hours and watching hours upon hours of videos and I did not take up this hobby till last March, almost a year ago!!! Let your fingers type away my young lad! LOL LOL LOL

... by just surfing the web for hours upon hours and watching hours upon hours of videos ...

OH yeah .... your boss wanted me to talk to you about this ....

... by just surfing the web for hours upon hours and

watching hours upon hours of videos ...

OH yeah .... your boss wanted me to talk to you about

this ....

Shhhh....Don't tell anyone!

You've got bucktail buddy. Not body hair. It cannot be spun, or stacked, it does not float. It is however the most versatile (arguably) material known to man, so many things you can do with it. My favorite material for tying streamers.

That will work son...Just keep on practicing and tying! There is a lot of good folks on this forum that will help out and point you in the right direction.

The statement that buck tail will not float is not totally true. On many bucktails the hair close to the base of the tail. ( closest to the body ) will indeed float. It may not be as good as prime body hair but it will flair when spun and float OK. I have used it when I did not have the desired color body hair so I used some from my bucktails.

My greatest wish for this young man is to go to/stay in school and learn to use a dictionary to speak and spell proper English instead of what he's using now for English. Improvement could in reality earn a package of various fly tying materials. I done ain't been joshin'!

My greatest wish for this young man is to go to/stay in school and learn to use a dictionary to speak and spell proper English instead of what he's using now for English. Improvement could in reality earn a package of various fly tying materials. I done ain't been joshin'!

if yous goin to speak in my conversation is goin be hepful and supor dewper nice and hep ful to ervyone? haha