Fly Tying
fshng84

Micro Fly Rod

Thanks mikechell, they are nice looking fish. Does take some work to get distance with the little rod; I may try a heavier fly line since the rod guides are larger than the pen fishing rod.

If the rod is bending a lot with that fly line, don't go heavier. Go lighter and get a little better "spring" action from the rod to throw the line.

I have been known to fish a tip section of a 4 piece rod at times.. would like to build another 4'6" micro rod, have a reel that would be perfect on one already.

Had fun fishing for little Bluegill and Sunfish with the Wine Cork Micro Fly Rod. Went with a Micro Dry Fly an hooked up with fish. Even had a Bass strike the little fly! Did not catch it but did get some video of the brief fight before it threw the hook. Fun stuff... Today's Video.

Slow go this round but did get a Catfish using the Micro Fly Rod and fishing a San Juan Worm Ball... also, missed another. Today's Video. Good to know the little rod can handle bigger fish!

Used the Micro Fly Rod and a Foam Grasshopper in Size 14 to catch little Sunfish and Bluegill... Most were small (micro size) but did get several bigger ones in the mix. Overall had a fun time, sure beats working! Really liking the Micro Fly Rod concept, too! Today's Video

No Bruisers other than a nice sized Sunfish; no worries though, they all put up a good fight on the Micro Fly Rod!

Cannot recall how many fish were caught and released but over 20 would be a good "guestimate"... next question, where to fish tomorrow? Going to play it by ear for now! Today's Video.

Fished this evening for about an hour. Noticed the water level was much lower compared to two months ago in the local pond. Luckily, the fish were biting. They were little... perfect for the Micro Fly Rod and some Micro Fishing!

The rod in walking stick mentioned earlier is, I think, what is known as a Poacher's Rod. It was against the law in Jolly Old England to be abroad at night on the roads with any means of taking fish. The penalties were stiff in locales where the local gentry owned all the trout waters. In Scotland I heard it was a hanging offense to be caught with a tailer in your pocket.

Rocco