Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TheRadiant

A couple of monday night ties...

I live in south Alabama and its still waaaay to cold to bream fish...so...I pass the time with more tying. At this point, I`m not sure if I enjoy tying or fishing more...Anyone else have this issue?

post-47077-0-42251300-1423544847_thumb.jpg

post-47077-0-10891600-1423544892_thumb.jpg

Thinkin' about the wind and rain last night. We needed the rain! Now you need to take those two good-lookin' buggie flys and get them to the water to help the fish survive! It may be too cold for you to fish, but the fish might feel otherwise! I would be out there now but the wind is too much, so I have a lot to sort through before I can start tyin'.

Nice looking flies, Radiant. Hard to judge scale, but those look like perfect bream bugs.

I sympathize with you on the cold weather side. It might not be as cold as, say, Boston ... but it's all relative to what you're used to.

Still, warm weather if just around the corner for everyone !!!

YEA !!!!

Both look good to me.

I think it is a toss up for me between fishing and tying. I have a lot more opportunities to tie than I do to fish. I think they satisfy different parts of my psyche.

Kirk

I live in south Alabama and its still waaaay to cold to bream fish...so...I pass the time with more tying. At this point, I`m not sure if I enjoy tying or fishing more...Anyone else have this issue?

Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes. You're in South Alabama...and it's too cold to bream fish? I'm in Southern Ohio, the surface water temps are barely above freezing, and I caught nearly double figures on Monday night in less than an hour! That pond is already iced back up after last night's 16 degrees. I'd kill to be in South Alabama right now!

Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes. You're in South Alabama...and it's too cold to bream fish? I'm in Southern Ohio, the surface water temps are barely above freezing, and I caught nearly double figures on Monday night in less than an hour! That pond is already iced back up after last night's 16 degrees. I'd kill to be in South Alabama right now!

It's that old adage, "But it's a dry heat" crap. When you're used to 70 as a cool evening ... temps in the 30s are devastatingly frigid!

You said your fingers were numb by the time you finished fishing ... Mine are numb just thinking about being out in this cold.

Great looking flies, considering you have open water I am envious, we have had nearly 8' of snow this month alone. I won't see open water til April. Tying keeps me sane.

Great looking flies, considering you have open water I am envious, we have had nearly 8' of snow this month alone. I won't see open water til April. Tying keeps me sane.

It was -4 here this morning and a large Ohio River trib I drive over and work beside was frozen bank-to-bank this morning. Open water is a pipe dream for me right now.