Fly Tying
psychoprince

Steelhead Swap

If this swap is still open I'd like to get in on it. this would be my first, as I am new to the forum.I am a noob to tying as well ( about three yrs experience.)

April fools day, how appropriate for steelhead. That date works for me, I've only got a few left to do, guess the -30 degree wind chills and feet of snow are good for something and it sure isn't steelheading!

I will be tying a Green Butt variation used in Northern California and Oregon for Steelhead.

mcgx2

I've completed my flies, please PM me your address and I will get them in the mail

thanks,

mcgx2

psycho, the double legs is a fly I found some time ago and is popular and used for sea run trout overseas. Looking at it I can't help but think it should have some of the triggers to convince our stateside steelies to take a swing at it. I would really like to get back to my home waters up north and use that instead of the old reliable hunk of yarn just to say I caught them on a "real" fly. That's two colors of ice dubbing for the body and when fishing yarn we always used two colors like for contrast.

Its a great looking fly vic. I had never seen it before but it looks like it will catch. Its been a long time since I have been able to fish, weather has been brutal. I also received a really nice set of flies from mcgx2 today. A nice take on a green butt skunk. Both sets of flies will be a nice addition for everyone.