Fly Tying
WVUontheFLY

Carp Flies for February

The tan zonker sliders are for the swap and I just kept tying and the rest happened and will be for carp other than the ice dub baitfish. I will throw that at anything I guess. It would be cool to make the carp swap into a bimonthly swap. I could make quite a few slider variations for a few months anyways before switching to something else. But the next round will be tied on a heavier wire hook, even though the B10S are sharp as can be, the wire might be too light for a 20+ pound brute

awesome; i'm getting one of those !!

i see a lot of bead-chain eyes and hook up flies in the future of this swap, lol.

Most definitely artimus001, bead chains give some weight to sink the flies and not land heavy on the surface of the water to spook the carp. And hook up prevents getting snagged on the bottom... sometimes haha

Welcome to the site, Alex. I've heard Carp described as the "poor man's Bonefish". They are very hard to approach, cast to and fool into taking an artificial offering. There are some very accomplished anglers on this site that might be able to help you realize your goal.

I have only hooked up with two carp on the fly but the two I did hook up with were both in early march on a cerise globug tied on a #2 umpqua competition jig hook, I think the c400? I was b'sin for trout or what ever and saw the bubbles from the carp rooting and casted and bam! Lost them under the yak :/