Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Quinn NH

A Few Flies

Hello All

As stated in my introduction I’m getting back into tying after a long break. I was going to post some of the flies I’m working on in the “February Flies from the Vise” but being the new guy I thought here would be best for now.

Sorry for the cell phone pictures but it’s the best I can offer at this time.

Cheers

Quinn

post-54856-0-82770500-1424712694_thumb.jpg

post-54856-0-59702400-1424712697_thumb.jpg

post-54856-0-60736000-1424712702_thumb.jpg

very nice flies!

don't apologize for using you cell phone for taking fly photos. they came out pretty damn good!

and nobody should tell you cell phones are not good for taking fly photos

Thanks, I tried changing up the background on the woolly worm but I don’t feel it worked as well as the profile plate on my vise.

Quinn

Very nice job on the flies, and the pics fine too. Wish my camera focused that close.

This isn't Karate classes. You don't have to work your way up from white belt just to prove you haven't lost your skill set.

(1) You haven't lost your skill set. Those are definitely NOT beginner quality ties. You can "graduate" to February "flies from the bench" any time you want.

(2) Tying is more like bicycle riding. You might be a little rusty, but you never forget how.

Great looking flies ... welcome back.

It looks like you still have most of it down. Pictures are fine, might want to download some software for editing the photos. There are free programs out there that are easy to use. I use Photoscape. The flies look great.

Thanks Mike and you’re right about it being like riding a bicycle, in fact I’m actually surprised at how easy its coming back to me. The biggest thing I have to overcome is I’m older now and so are my eyes!

Quinn

... I’m older now and so are my eyes!

Quinn

Time to start tying those pike and LMB flies. Huge flies are much easier to see.

Great looking flies, you have nothing to be worried about. like you, i finding it more difficult to see my flys.gonna go get a magnifying lamp this week. my glasses aren't cutting it.

Your flies look very good to me. How long has it been since you tied cause from the look of it you never appear to have stopped. Great work indeed!

Add147 - it's been right around 7 years?

Everyone - thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

Quinn

I'm am in awe, if this is what they look like when you are "rusty" I'd love to see them when you're tying skills where at their best, bravo.