Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
P.G. Beckett

An apology from P.G.Beckett

About a year ago , I was participating in a few of the swaps and all of a sudden know one heard from me. What caused this? I had an electrical fire that completely destroyed my home office. Everything in that room was lost: computers, backup , disc, photos, all my personal records and every item involving the writings of the book I was in the midst of. I did not have any insurance to cover any of this and the road back has been somewhat time consuming. This is my first post , in coming back to Fly Tying Forum, and I owed a small group of you an apology for not completing the swaps -P.G. Beckett

P.G., I don't know if I was involved in any of the swaps you missed, but if there was ever a legitimate reason for being MIA from a swap, I'd say yours is it. So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope no one was hurt, and that things are getting back to normal for you now.

I do remember being in one swap with you, and I did receive the fly you did for that one. Sorry to hear about your fire, and the lose of all your files, backups and most of all the work on your book. Must be very discouraging to lose everything like that.

Hope your getting back up to speed, and will be contributing more of your interesting patterns in the near future. I accept your comments, but don't really need an apology.

Sorry to hear about your loss from the fire, like everyone else said hope everything is getting back to normal now. My grandfathers home partially burned down when I was a kid and unfortunately the room that was burned had all of my family pictures in it so I know that the sentimental stuff is the hardest to recover from; as for swaps - I have been on swaps on this site about 2 or 3 yrs and if you were in any that I was involved in apology accepted and feel free to join any that I host

I am relatively new on this forum so my input really doesn't matter especially since I wasn't involved with any of the swaps. So sorry to hear about your tragedy. When life closes one door I believe God opens another one for us. I am glad you seem to be getting back on your feet. I hope I have an opportunity to be in a future swap with you.

Sorry to hear this P.G. Definitely a valid reason for dropping off the site. You are welcome in any swap I may host in the future. Wasn't your book the one on using chamois cloth in flies?

P.G. Glad to hear that you only lost "stuff" in the fire. All or most "stuff" can be replaced, or you can live without it. Glad to see you back here, too.

You should have let us known when the fire happened. I would've been happy to step in for you. I could've tied up a fly to commemorate the event. Something like this:

The P.G. burnt material fly:

Sorry if it's too early for humor, but it's the way I cope with just about everything.

Truly, P.G. Glad you're okay and good to see you again.

I haven't been on the site for all that long and don't remember being in any swap you dropped out of mysteriously. Life happens and for me and I think most people who run swaps regularly (I really enjoy it) it is something that does not knock a person onto the "can't be in swaps" list. Like Mike said, you should have gotten on someone's computer and let us know. I'd think there's a lot of people like me who would have helped with sending some excess material to you to help get started.