Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
agn54

Shannon's Streamer

Gave a crack at some of these designed by Rich MC. I think i got them right, but I'll find out in a few weeks. I believe they were designed for bass but I'm sure they will do well in the salt. I did these for when the baitfish move in next month and the fish go back out on the flats

post-18514-0-96042800-1425139819_thumb.jpgpost-18514-0-64294900-1425139837_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. I've got one of his from a fly swap but never fished it. I tend to save all swap flies to study and rarely get one wet. Let us know how it works.

I also have a couple from swaps. They do take on the water but a quick squeeze and they cast fine again. Didn't have any joy that day but they look good in the water. Eyes still stuck on too so glue is good.

Guest rich mc

looks like you have it down. I prefer to use one size larger eyes but that's me. casting them is easier if you use a furled leader, enjoy rich mc

I have been tying the same pattern but I thought it was the fly version of a senko. I've not fished them yet but I expect they will catch great. There is a video somewhere on the net.

Guest rich mc

the fly was originally made to imitate a plastic lure called the fluke .it was called a senko substitute more because it fishes like one. this was by joe cornwall on his video at flyfishohio.com rich mc