Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fisherboy0301

10wt fly line.

I have a 9ft 10wt St. Croix Avid fly rod with an orvis reel. I'm not exactly sure of the reel model right now.

I need a flyline for it, anyone have one that they can reccomend in the cheap-mid priced range?

I plan to use it for large bass and stripers, redfish, and other large fish in both fresh and saltwater. I wanna line that can turn over big flies but Idek where to look or what to look for.

Check out the Rio Outbound. The Short for loading the rod at closer distances and the Long for longer casts.

Thank you I'll give it a look. :)

If you are looking for cheap find a cheap WF line and cut a foot off of the tip. If that does not turn over the fly as you would like continue to cut the front taper back in 4 or 6'" increments. I have heard of guys cutting the entire front taper off to encourage turning over large bugs. I personally have never found the need to go quite that far. To get a real heavy front loaded line you will most likely have to spend a little more money.....I think Walmart sells a Bass taper SA line for around $25 but I don't know if they have it in 10wt.

I agree with the outbound short (wff) I just got one for my 10 and love it. For a cheaper option ditz2 has got it, shorten up a standard wf line or look for a bass taper line.