Fly Tying

Vision ikon hip waders! I wanted to invest in a spare pair of waders couple of years ago, bought the vision hip waders! Now my simms chest waders only come out when i'm deep wading or on my float tube! They are excellent in warm & hot weather with just a pair of shorts & super eazy when nature calls! I highly recomend them!

I use only Cabellas... I have the guide waders, hip boots and Neoprene 3.5 mm. I have used them for the past ten years and have found them to be superior to Redball. Herters, and Trout Unlimited. I really like the fit and the durability . I do a lot of salt water, jumping on rocks, falling off rocks, jetties and I think for the money they are outstanding. I usually have to buy a new pair every five yrs or so but i tend to abuse the piss out of them. I really like their ultra light wading boots also. ten years and have only had to buy one pair.

The Chota's are just the legs from a set of breathable waders. They are actually called "Chota Convertible Hippie Wading Socks"

They are stocking foot, so you will need wading boots. Frogg Toggs makes some too. I bought a pair of the Frogg Toggs, a couple of years ago (on sale) to see if they would work for me. Unfortunately, their large size was too tight for my ankles. My wife, though, finds that they fit her perfectly. Hopefully, they got enough feed back that they've redesigned them.

I would definitely recommend this kind of hippers over rubber or neoprene.

Being a warm water guy, I don't know what you are wading in. In Florida, if the water is warm enough to "cook" me in my waders, I go without. Nothing better than cool water keeping my body temperature slightly lower.

Good pair of wading sandals or shoes and shorts.

Being a warm water guy, I don't know what you are wading in. In Florida, if the water is warm enough to "cook" me in my waders, I go without. Nothing better than cool water keeping my body temperature slightly lower.

Good pair of wading sandals or shoes and shorts.

I wish it was like that up here, even in summer i wear ultra lights just so the jelly fish dont get me....

I have wadded wet here in Middle TN in the warm months. It is WAY too hot for waders and hip boots are not quite tall enough for a few places in my creeks. I used to wear canvas shoes with carpet or felt glued to the soles but I hated all the sand and small gravel that got in them. I finally bought some wading boots and a pair of gravel gaurdes and I am now sand free and I can still walk on the slick rock bottom with felt soles. I highly recommend wadding boots even for wet wadding.