Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sammothner

GoPro fun in north Georgia

Got a GoPro for Christmas and had to test it out near my mountain house. This was my first try so any help would be appreciated. All the fish were caught on a hares ear. Hope yall like it.

Not bad for a first try. We get so used to a viewer on the backs of our cameras or phones, it's hard to aim without one. Pretty, clear water ... pretty fish ... what's not to like.

Chaz... the first fish appeared to have an adipose fin. The creek chub is a minnow (Cyprinid).

Sam... I don't know anything about gopros, but those underwater and half-and-half shots were cool. I didn't know gopros were waterproof.

I haven't used mine all that much, but from what I've read, setting your video to 720/60 gets good results vs 1080/30.

I've got an older one that I got used. You can't actually mount the camera itself on a tripod. The mounting system is on the case. Clear plastic with two "doors". One door has openings so sound can be recorded easily. The other door seals for waterproof operation. Paperwork says it's waterproof to 30 feet. (almost double atmospheric pressure at sea level)

That first fish is a rainbow still sporting it's par marks. Just reaching puberty and will drop the marks take on the rainbow true colors in aobut another year in the river. Don't know if that's a stocked or native fish river but it looks good and healthy and enjoy those kind of videos. I'm no judge to make suggestions but would definitely like to see more of your work.

That first fish is a rainbow still sporting it's par marks. Just reaching puberty and will drop the marks take on the rainbow true colors in aobut another year in the river. Don't know if that's a stocked or native fish river but it looks good and healthy and enjoy those kind of videos. I'm no judge to make suggestions but would definitely like to see more of your work.

All three fish were caught out of a private creek. I am the only one know it exists and the fish have never seen a fly before.