Fly Tying
eastern fly

Wife's first fly

No crowding of the eye, or blocking of the hook gap. Nice spacing on the palmered hackle.

Nicely tied fly, Mrs. Eastern Fly. Good student, or good teacher?

I'd say both and job well done !!

My wife won't tie, she says that's my thing . She can lose flies pretty well though. But ya know what, she loves those big fat woolie buggers, likes them weighted and she always gets the nice fish that way ! Or none.

That's a great bugger! You can now spend your time fishing while she's at home tying your flies.

Nicely done! I dont know if she plans to fish it, but that bugger is gonna work.

Buddy better be careful she'll take over and you'll be off the fly tying bench...LOL...She did a great job.

eastern fly that is really great, my wife wants to start fly fishing so I really hope that she goes with me so we could also share time enjoying a great sport and time together. I know I said I like to spend time with my wife, but its not all that bad..

Fishing is about the only thing we don't do together. She doesn't want to sit in the canoe while I'm false casting for fear of being snagged. I don't blame her. We've bowled, played tennis, volleyball, ballroom danced, tent camped, played music, etc etc for years together. When I fish, she likes to sit under a tree on the edge of the lake and read.

no bad at all. much better than my first wooly buggar fly!

she has some talent!