Fly Tying

FTF Fundraiser

The forum has really grown at an amazing pace the last 6 months. For example we served over 850,000 pages last month alone while going through over 60 gigs of bandwidth. I had to do small upgrades almost every month in order to keep up with the demand. I finally decided that we had just outgrown our current provider so last week I signed the contract for a new dedicated server. Our new server will store an amazing amount of data and is lightning fast! Of course with an upgrade this big extra cost comes into play.

I have always tried to give you all the most features possible free of charge. Most forums do not have photo galleries because of the bandwidth/storage that they consume and if they do they sometimes charge $$ to use it. All of the other features like the fly pattern database, etc., are custom done by myself and is a unique feature compared to other sites out there. All the big pics that are on this site is a real resource hog but I feel it is important to give you guys the most interactive experience necessary and allow everyone to upload as many pics as they want.

So with the move to a new server I could use some help. I do not want anyone to "give" me money, I hate accepting money I didn't do anything to earn. Instead I will be reopening the GreenCaddis.com online store for the next 3 weeks hoping that the orders I get will put some money into FTF account. Since this is a fly tying site I'm sure you all have some material that you can use so why not get the material you need while helping keep the site up and running at the same time.

I will keep the GCO site open until 2/27 and at that time I will order everyone's material from my wholesale supplier. That does mean that it will take a few weeks before everyone gets their stuff so if it is something that you need right away please don't purchase it from me. I have a pretty broad selection of materials so most everybody should find what they are looking for.

I will also only be accepting check/money orders or PayPal, credit cards cost too much to process. Please make out any checks/money orders out to Will Mullis!

So for the next couple of weeks GCO is back in business but once the deadline rolls around it will remain closed.

Thanks guys and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Visit GreenCaddis.com

Will

P.S. All orders will be receiving free shipping.

Thanks for the offer and an order has been placed. Lets see.....order some goodies and help support the site at the same time; looks like a win/win to me.

Art

been wanting to get a new 3 or 4 wgt rod and reel this year with income tax...**looks into okuma reels**. so i have a question...what are the better 3-4 wgt reels on GCO's site i should consider? i have heard nothing but good about them...just wanna get a good reel for a decent rod this go around:D

skunked,

Truthfully I just don't have time to mess with it on a full-time basis. It's alot of work keeping it operating and with the amount of time this forum takes there is just nothing left to keep GCO open.

fly~by~night,

I would probably recommend the Sierra model, should be all that you need. The 4/5 model is made to hold 3,4 or 5 weight line. http://www.greencaddis.com/okuma_sierra.php

John,

Sorry no books, there is NO money in books and for a while I was losing money on every book sale trying to compete with Amazon's prices.

if i would need something by March 19th, would that be cutting it too close?

im thinking about getting a small reel as well.

Joe

Are you still selling the Pflueger Trion fly reels?

Will, I love the site and want to help you keep FTF running smoothly but my problem is that I am in Canada and it is really so much more convenient to use a credit card to buy from the US. I would be willing to pay the extra 2.5% visa/mastercard fee or whatever it is and it may be that many others are the same.

swinks1966,

It should be no problem getting your stuff to you by March 19th wink.gif

Fly1,

Yea, I can still get the Trion reels: http://www.greencaddis.com/index.php?cPath=61_69

fish,

Since I closed the shop last year I do not have the ability to take credit cards right now. I can only take check/money order or paypal.....sorry.

Will

I had to chuckle... you won't take money for not doing something in return... like having THIS SITE is no work at all... I'll bet we'd all gladly pay for this site...

BUT, I need some feathers, so it works for me!!!

Thanks for the BEST fly tying site on the net! headbang.gif headbang.gif clapping.gif

PoPnBuG

count me in, I know many of us would be more than willing to contribute to the cost of hosting this site. I will make some purchases off the GCO site. Maybe a contest can be held to raise some money. IE... a 50/50 draw, or provide some materials and have people buy tickets (computerized) and winner takes all. Just some ideas, this is the site I most comonly frequent so anything I can do to support it, im all in.

tightlines

Just Placed my order! I cant wiat to get it. I ordered some stuff I've never used but thought this was as good a reason as any to do my part. Thanks Will we all love the site! headbang.gif