Fly Tying

FTF Fly Pattern - JustSomeGuy83 - Fly popper

JSGuy... It's really nice, but I'm cornfused... If the head was white, that means you spray painted it with purple. It seems to me if you sprayed through a net, the lines (representing where the net was) would be white, and the spots not covered by the web would be purple.... yours is just the opposite. How'd you do that?

Yeah ... I am going with Fisher. The bodies is base coated purple. White spray paint for the scales. You can see the "overspray" dots just above the scales.

Nicely done, Guy83.

The ford falcon cobra made in the late 70's in Australia was actually blue with white patches, not white with blue stripes!

What? Adam ... Maybe I missed something ... what are you talking about???

I like the popper. . When i paint my turned plugs i always start with a white base coat then apply the color over it. however i have done the ezact opposite when i use the technique he used. As long as the undercolor paint is dry you can create patterns like FTF.

The ford falcon cobra made in the late 70's in Australia was actually blue with white patches, not white with blue stripes!

What? Adam ... Maybe I missed something ... what are you talking about???

LMAO, Boy, you crack me up. Never a dull moment with you Mike.

Holy cow, I can't believe I'm just now seeing these responses. My sincerest apologies! I painted the whole thing purple with some of the Mrs.' free and fancy nail polish. I then took the little net that comes with purchasing garlic cloves. I wrapped the net around it and spray painted the bottom white, thus giving me the purple lines and the white "scales" so to speak. I doubt this will get read but if anyone comes across it, I hope it helps! Thanks for all the compliments, it was my first popper so I'm glad it turned out well.

Go the falcon ....I have a 2002 venom red V8 Ute lol

A bit off topic I know.