Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
herrickkyle@gmail.com

Request for a swap

Go to the Swappers listing and then read the site requirements. I think you have to have a number of posts before you are allowed to host or participate in a swap. I could be wrong so go to the Flt Swaps thread/room and read the pinned threads. They will tell you when/if you can host or participate in a swap.

BCT

No post requirements for joining a swap. Must complete 3 swaps before you can host your own.

There are currently quite a few big swaps going. I have an idea for one that I'd like to host but I'm waiting until a few of them finish up.

I usually just make them with foam. I generally try to avoid flies that involve spinning deer hair.

I'm always happy to host swaps but if I count right there are 8 live swaps cooking right now. Hang in there and watch for someone to fire one up and if it fits something you can work with jump in. There is a Classic Dry Fly swap going right now and several big fly threads and now a Crab cake thread. As some of them finish up a bunch of new ones will get going. Welcome to the board by the way and enjoy your tying time. Don't expect it to save you much money tho.

Don't expect it to save you much money tho.

I know that I could have bought several big boxes full of files for what I have spent on tools & supplies. But then I wouldn't have the satisfaction of creating things. It is an enjoyable hobby and gives you something to do when you can't fish.

I know that I could have bought several big boxes full of files for what I have spent on tools & supplies. But then I wouldn't have the satisfaction of creating things. It is an enjoyable hobby and gives you something to do when you can't fish.

I agree, just started this winter and spend well over $300 and only have about 40 flies to show for it so far. Of coarse i have the materials for about 200 more.

I agree, just started this winter and spend well over $300 and only have about 40 flies to show for it so far. Of coarse i have the materials for about 200 more.

Sounds like someone, is getting ready to get their "tie" on....