Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Quinn NH

Brahma Bugger (kind of)

I found this pattern online and thought I'd give it a shot in natural grizzly with a beadhead. I'm thinking the smallmouth will be all over it but I won't know for sure for a couple months.

Quinn

post-54856-0-43797600-1427067133_thumb.jpg

Bummer to have to wait! It sure looks good to me. (but I'm not a smallmouth) Let us see it when you catch it, with the fly in its mouth.

I really like these flies, I love the look and the idea, but..... I have had absolutely no luck with them, I will admit I have never fished them in still water, only moving, both fast and slow moving but only moving. I feel like they don't move as much as I thought they would. I am planning to try them tied a little more sparse than the set I tied up the first time to try to get them to breath a bit better. With that said that looks like a very well tied fly. Neat head, nice body, A+ tail.

This one below was one of mine, not one of the best but the only one I've got left from the old batch I guess. I gave out the ones I had in my box to a fly fisher I came across one day.

post-52247-0-03551700-1427081340_thumb.jpg

Will - I have to agree with you regarding the amount of material on the hook. I Need to get it in the water to know for sure but I would like to find a way to tie it with less hackle but without showing the thread.

Your fly looks great!

Quinn