Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GLoy

Crappie swap

I am sorry I did not get signed up for this swap. Will you post pictures? I need some ideas for patterns and hope to be fishing for them in a couple of weeks.

Tom

OK guys quick update. I have 3 sets in hand with more on the way. We have one person that is dropping out so I'm asking the guys that missed getting in if they would like the spot, I will know in the next day or so on a replacement. This will keep us at the same number of swappers. That's it for now thanks Gary

I can make it if it's still open. I was going to get in but missed it by tying fies for it before I signed up. If some PMs you first that's good with me. I have plenty to do around here besides tying flies right now.

Nick

I have 8 done and hope to finish up tomorrow and get them out some time during the week.

Quinn

Vicrider the spot is yours thank you and welcome. Guys so far 3 sets in and all look great, can't wait to see the rest,the local crappie population is about to go down. In the mean time I wish you all tight lines. Gary

I've been working with EP Fibers for a couple of other swaps...so I'm going stay with those fibers and tie up a baitfish pattern.

Mine are in the mail. I had to break from my original script since I had given some of my first away and didn't have enough pink beads left to do a dozen. I switched to a metallic green bead, chartreuse marabou tail, dyed florescent chenille and soft hackle collar on a #10 jig hook. I think they'll be good as those colors have always been good for crappies, especially in the evening. Being on a jig hook should help them get thru brush and weeds a little better too.

Put mine in the mail today, should be seeing them by the weekend i would suppose. inside the box is a label and also postage to send the box back. Hope you guys aren't disappointed. They are a very simple design but I have good luck fishing them.

Well, you'd have mine if I wasn't such a screwup. I managed to mix 'em up and send my crappie to jfinn who has the small flies swap. We'll get it straightened out and get them to you before deadline but thanx to doing too many swaps, both running and participating I finally mixed up the addresses. Sorry 'bout that. My bad.

Nick

Please check the first post for address and what flies have been received I'll try to be as current as possible. The flies that are in so far look great. Thanks Gary

I just got my flies to wrong address back today and got them turned around heading your way this time. Crappies are active here and am ready for some new flies. I leave a few in the brush piles on every trip.