Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Back on track (weight loss)

You guys probably remember I started getting back in shape over the past 2 years and lost a bunch of weight. I managed to keep most of it off but had put a few lbs back on over the winter which is pretty normal. About a month ago I started back on the more strict diet and got back to walking a lot and getting out an exercising and have managed to drop another 20lbs in the past month now. That puts me at 154lbs total weight loss as of today. Started out at 400lbs and now weigh 246lbs (I'm 6' 5" tall). I'm getting really close to where I want to be I think. Probably going to try to get down to about 220lbs and stay there as my target weight. Should be there by mid summer most likely.

Congrats buddy!!! from last April till this past Jan I was out of work with my back again and packed a few back on. Since I got back to work and I've been walking around the building I've gotten down to 300 which helps get a lot of pressure off the back - still working on the rest.

Steve, congrats on getting yourself where you want to be! That's quite an accomplishment losing that much weight!

I'm 6' 4" and my weight stays in the 200 to 220 lb range most of the time and I'm comfortable at that weight. I've been fortunate as I've never had any major weight issues.

I got up to 255 once when I had some health issues that kept me on my butt for about 3 months, but once I got active again, that wasn't too hard to get back to normal.

Keep at it, you'll make your final goal! smile.png

First, congratulations are in order.

On my last visit to the Doc, I had gained 5 lbs. Weight loss is a hard road, so I am now concentrating on getting taller.

Weight loss is a hard road, so I am now concentrating on getting taller.

laugh.png Let us know how that works out for you!

Congrats Steve... and all you guys. Big question is what's your waist size? Is it smaller than your chest? I am one of those weird people that can keep my weight in check even without dieting or exercising. But my waist is bigger than I'd like... I'd have to exercise to handle that.

Holy cow!!!! I'm 6'1" right at 200 lbs. and my waist is 38"... Chest 43". You've really done well! Make me feel ashamed. Almost ashamed enough to start exercising.

Dang, I'm beginning to feel short and fat (and old). I am just a little over 6 feet tall and I had to step up to a size 36 waist this winter. I don't know what my chest is anymore but most of it hasn't went south into my belly yet. I am very active at work and I hope that some of the winter pounds will start to fade away soon. My sisters first husband was in the 400 pound range when I first met him and then he started working out and shed around 150 or so pounds and is now a very physically fit police detective. My hat is off to you Steve because it takes a lot of dedication and determination to set a goal and then see it through.

Good to hear, Steve. I am not too overweight ... but I am a little ... mushy.

I need to firm up ... but work and "stuff" keep getting in the way. I know, it's just an excuse ... but I know what it takes to keep on a program, of any kind.

Congrats Steve!!! Now sen some of that this way! I need it haha I'm 5' 10" and 110lbs. Skinny as a twig. It doesn't make much sense cause I eat lotta of food and don't exercise much. But idk haha.

Fboy... when I was in high school (waaaaay back then) I was 6ft and 165lbs. After graduation, a friend who worked at an old style health club (just weights, benches, and wall mirrors) got me into weight lifting. Low weights, many reps. I went up to 185 almost overnight, with zero body fat. 31 in. waist and 43 in. chest. I ate like a .... well, also took protein supplements. It's possible to do, but you don't get the same results from lifting a fly rod unfortunately. :-)

... but you don't get the same results from lifting a fly rod unfortunately. :-)

You don't get the same results when you try doing that at a more advanced age, either.

Congrats Steve!!! Now sen some of that this way! I need it haha I'm 5' 10" and 110lbs. Skinny as a twig. It doesn't make much sense cause I eat lotta of food and don't exercise much. But idk haha.

Enjoy that fast metabolism while your young bud wink.png It'll slow down when you start hitting 30's and 40's trust me lol